Thirty-Three Teeth by Colin Cotterill

Thirty-Three Teeth (2005)

by Colin Cotterill

Series: Dr. Siri Paiboun (2)

A tale of justice done, Laotian shamanic style. With the assistance of his helpers, Dr. Siri Paiboun, the national coroner of Laos, elucidates the causes of mysterious deaths.

English (42)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (44)
Datei vorhanden
  abugaby | Mar 8, 2019 |
Not quite as neatly structured as the first but equally well spent time with these characters - i'll seek out the next .

nkmunn | Nov 17, 2018 |
I am really enjoying this series on audiobook. In this second book Dr. Siri Paiboun and his colleagues are faced with some strange deaths. In an effort to figure out what has been killing people, Dr. Siri has to learn more about himself and his gifts that were revealed in the first book of the series. While the mystery is interesting, I read these books more for the characters and settings. I learn a lot about the history of communism in Asia and in Laos in particular. Dr. Siri is a great character and the supporting characters are complex and interesting as well. I will definitely continue the series. ( )
  Cora-R | Jun 21, 2018 |
supernatural, superstitions, support-system, friendship, murder-investigation, laos

Lots of people prefer visible books, but with this series, I feel that readers who are unfamiliar with the sounds of words in the Southeast Asian languages would enjoy the audio as much as those of us who choose audiobooks for other reasons. That being said, I really love the writing and the characters and the stories themselves. This one has a lot more of the ethnic supernatural stuff in it. I always find that kind of thing fascinating to compare with others. There is also an abundance of suspense and deductive reasoning going on. No spoilers here, just go ahead and enjoy! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Jul 4, 2017 |
Pleasant enough but I don't think I'll continue with the series. ( )
  laurenbufferd | Nov 14, 2016 |

Colin Cotterillprimary authorall editionscalculated
Amezawa, YasushiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Malfoy, ValérieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mohr, ThomasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruiter, PonTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
With love to my family for all their years of faith and support.
The neon hammer and sickle buzzed and flickered over the nightclub of the Lan Xang Hotel.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,910,040 books! | Top bar: Always visible