dismiss

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale

by Mo Willems

Series: Knuffle Bunny (1)

A trip to the laundromat leads to a momentous occasion when Trixie, too young to speak words, realizes that something important is missing and struggles to explain the problem to her father.

English (333)  Spanish (1)  All languages (334)
What drew me to this book was the illustrations more so than the story. It mixes cartoon-esque drawings with real-life photographs of Brooklyn in black and white. Even as a child I thought that this was such a cool concept. This book Is about Trixie and her stuffed bunny Knufle’s trip to the laundromat that does not go as expected. It is a cute and funny story. ( )
  slserpas | May 3, 2020 |
I read this for the "An Award-Winning Novel" part of my 2020 reading challenge as it won a Caldecott Honor. I liked the mix of art styles, but this probably would have appealed more to a child than it did to me. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
Oh no! An ordinary trip to the laundromat for toddler Trixie and dad goes wrong when Trixie’s beloved stuffed animal is left behind. I enjoyed that this book warns us of what can happen when communication isn’t understood. The theme is clearly things lost and found, but it’s nice to see it shown not told — largely because Trixie is not talking yet, she’s babbling, so what has gone wrong is much more unclear. I liked seeing that dad is the one going to the laundromat, which is a nice gender role reversal. Unique illustrations combine high-quality, nicely composed black and white photography with sweet and goofy doodles. Intriguing end papers show knuffle bunny in the washing machine! ( )
  lydsmith | Feb 10, 2020 |
When I began reading this book, I thought I had a good idea of what the story was going to be about. Until I got to the last page, I was surprised, and I was smiling from ear to ear. Again, this is another extraordinary way of putting an unexpected spin on a children's book. These types of twists usually happen in books for a more experienced reader; however, this author nailed it with the ending. The illustrations are also funky and different in comparison to most children's books. Overall, I liked the book, it was a great story, and I would read this book to my class. ( )
  KaylaCrescioni | Jan 24, 2020 |
I live this story! I find it way too relatable (though I had Frosty, not a Knuffle Bunny).
  Jennifer.Russell | Dec 8, 2019 |
This book is dedicated to the real Trixie and her mommy.
Special thanks to Anne and Alessandra;
Noah, Megan, and Edward;
the 358 6th Avenue Laundromat;
and my neighbors in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
Not so long ago, before she could even speak words, Trixie went on an errand with her Daddy...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,978,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible