dismiss

Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free…

Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity (2001)

by David Allen

9,898158500 (4.02)1 / 63
Veteran coach and management consultant Allen shares the breakthrough methods for stress-free performance that he has introduced to thousands. He shows how to assess goals, relax, and stay focused.
    Process Mapping, Process Improvement, and Process Management by Dan Madison (BogAl)
    BogAl: You know what to do. Now, figure out how to to it.

English (148)  French (2)  German (2)  Russian (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (157)
The grand-daddy of all productivity books.
It focuses on getting you to simplify, to function with clarity, and to act.
I think taking just one or two of the pillars he lays out would be enough to alter
your approach to getting things done. ( )
  raheelahmad | Mar 22, 2020 |
Very bad book. I couldn't read pass the second chapter. This is one of those books that tells you the obvious, like "you need to organize yourself", and all in a very verbose way to fill lots of pages instead of being concise. You won't get too much out of this book other than the obvious. ( )
  hernantz | Mar 21, 2020 |
Encountered this book in 2007 when I had a very difficult time, being unorganized and in an internal and external mess. Probably saved me from a burnout or even nervous breakdown. It was the right book at the right time and blew my mind away. I’ve learned how to organize myself using the reliable GTD system. Today GTD is my operating system. I use it for physical and digital data management, for managing my email, for project management, even for grocery shopping. It has given me efficiency and peace of mind. Please also don’t miss Zen To Done, a fantastic summary of GTD and other productivity techniques. ( )
  remouherek | Feb 24, 2020 |
Very clear and detailed, though it was aimed more at people who work in large companies than at anyone else. ( )
  Dreklogar | Jan 13, 2020 |
This book literally talks about getting things done/ in order. Things as in non living things most of the time.

Things like filing up your documents, email, organising your table, your project, your life, your mindset. What I feel is missing is the human touch. ( )
  Wendy_Wang | Sep 28, 2019 |
It is simply the best personal productivity book I’ve ever read, and there’s material in this book that can apply to anyone’s life, whether you’re a manager or a writer or a professional or a stay-at-home parent.
added by mikeg2 | editThe Simple Dollar, Trent (May 6, 2007)

David Allenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fallows, JamesForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kathryn, my extraordinary partner in life and work

Votre efficacité est directement liée à votre capacitéde vous détendre . Ce livre va transformer radicalement votre manière de vivre et de travailler.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,279,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible