Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons,…

by Timothy Ferriss

Other authors: Arnold Schwarzenegger (Foreword)

Fitness, money, and wisdom -- here are the tools. Over the last two years, Tim Ferriss has collected the routines and tools of world-class performers around the globe while interviewing them for his self-titled podcast. Now the distilled notebook of tips and tricks that helped him double his income, flexibility, happiness, and more is available as Tools of Titans.… (more)

Tim distills the wisdom of successful celebrities, artists, athletes and business people down into a book jam packed with so much great advice you'll need to read it multiple times. ( )
  JoeC3 | Sep 9, 2021 |
I've never been a Tim Ferris fan, but this book still surprised me in how bad it was. (Disclaimer: I only listened to the blinkist summary and read a couple chapters, but saw no reason to read any more)

This felt like he outsourced "write a generic advice book" to someone sourced from the Internet for $5/hr. It was really generic advice motivated with questionable examples. Skip.
  octal | Jan 1, 2021 |
Tim Ferris as he interviews "billionaires, icons, and world-class performers." His interviews are in depth and typically last two hours. During the interviews, he will ferret out what has made these individuals so successful. As a fan of his show and of his book The 4-Hour Workweek, I picked up Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers*. I was not disappointed, the book brought me right back to the interviews and the lessons I had learned. But there is more. Read more ( )
  skrabut | Sep 2, 2020 |
This is going to be a polarizing book. Some folks will find a lot of inspiration in this book. To them I say "go forth and be inspired".

And then there are the folks who will read this and think "this is essentially an advertisement for Tim's podcast and things that he's invested in".

There are a lot of notable folks in this book, but it started becoming a drinking game of how Timothy was related to the person invited to speak. Take a drink if Timothy invested in that person's company. Make it a double if he was an early investor.

Ultimately I was glad I borrowed this from the library because it's not something I want on my shelf. The signal to noise ratio isn't great for a book that purports to be a notebook of great advice. Worse: the interstitial pieces that Timothy writes aren't as much about how folks can re-use the advice but how he coped with whatever problem he had. It's akin to the person who tells you how to make a project for $5 and the first step is "I lucked into a rare thing that nobody else can manage to get for under $500".

This might be the book for you, but it definitely wasn't the book for me. ( )
1 vote craigmaloney | Mar 21, 2020 |
So Tim Ferriss talks to a lot of people on a podcast that I never listen to, but this sounded like an interesting book so I picked it up. I am really glad I did. At times it is inspirational and uplifting, while always giving solid advice. This is a condensed version of his podcast notes, so maybe I will check out his podcast sometime in the future. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |

Timothy Ferrissprimary authorall editionscalculated
Schwarzenegger, ArnoldForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porter, RayNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,221,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible