Wolf And Iron by Gordon R. Dickson

Wolf And Iron (1990)

by Gordon R. Dickson

391None27,715 (3.87)3
Recently added bysolozero, eliseph, private library, dchrisma, bobstreo, jflint1976, Sethvir, nicolesteeves, jthhapkido

I thought this book might become one of my favorites when I started reading. Basically, this is my favorite genre, and Gordon R. Dickson started his story well enough with a comparatively plausible socio-economic collapse of the whole society. The book held its own right upto the halfway mark. But then it started to become monotonous and nothing major happened even at the end.

But nonetheless, if you are a fan of post-apocalyptic fiction, this is not that bad piece of work to have a shot at. ( )
  Veeralpadhiar | Mar 31, 2013 |
Been awhile since I read this one, but I still remember that it was a great book. It's the world after a total economic collapse. Well written and it moves right along. I think I need to read it again. :D ( )
  SLHobbs | Jan 20, 2010 |
Perhaps the most human of the dystopian genre, Dickson never explains the cause of the collapse of modern society, but instead focuses on the aftermath through an unlikely protagonist. ( )
  jpsnow | Feb 26, 2008 |
A good old fashioned postapocalyptic United States of America type story.

The place has collapsed for no real completely specified reasons, and a young man ends up on a trip across the middle.

He picks up a lupine companion, and the detail of wolf life is definitely the most interesting part of the book.

http://notfreesf.blogspot.com/2007/12/wolf-and-iron-gordon-r-dickson.html ( )
  bluetyson | Dec 6, 2007 |
In depth research shows in this book. At times it rambles on a bit but for most this will be a joy.
An enjoyable adventure read. ( )
  biblioconnisseur | Nov 5, 2007 |

Gordon R. Dicksonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gambino, FredCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Norwegian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.

After the collapse of civilization, a former scientist searches for a refuge to keep the spark of science alive.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,450,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible