Wolf And Iron by Gordon R. Dickson

Wolf And Iron (1990)

by Gordon R. Dickson

420725,247 (3.87)4

[Wolf and Iron] by [Gordan R. Dickson] tells of survival after a socio-economic collapse. The characters are strongly developed and Jeebee's relationship with wolf drives the story as her learns to survive using his instincts. It follows the format of post apocalyptic stories so it is fairly predictable but the characters and relationships are what really drive the plot. ( )
  MsHooker | Jun 30, 2016 |
I read this first when I was like 16 and really dug on the Robinson Curusoe-like details post apolyptica. Re-read it again 16 years later and found it to be a bit tedious, predictable and centered on wolves (of all things) three stars for the rosy memories of youth and one for the book makes four. Interestingly, I had forgot the title and impersonated a beautiful woman on a sci-fi forum to try and find it- I had that title within 10 minutes from at least six people. ( )
  romanccm | Jun 25, 2014 |
I thought this book might become one of my favorites when I started reading. Basically, this is my favorite genre, and Gordon R. Dickson started his story well enough with a comparatively plausible socio-economic collapse of the whole society. The book held its own right upto the halfway mark. But then it started to become monotonous and nothing major happened even at the end.

But nonetheless, if you are a fan of post-apocalyptic fiction, this is not that bad piece of work to have a shot at. ( )
  Veeralpadhiar | Mar 31, 2013 |
Been awhile since I read this one, but I still remember that it was a great book. It's the world after a total economic collapse. Well written and it moves right along. I think I need to read it again. :D ( )
  SLHobbs | Jan 20, 2010 |
Perhaps the most human of the dystopian genre, Dickson never explains the cause of the collapse of modern society, but instead focuses on the aftermath through an unlikely protagonist. ( )
  jpsnow | Feb 26, 2008 |

Gordon R. Dicksonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frank, HarryForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gambino, FredCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

After the collapse of civilization, a former scientist searches for a refuge to keep the spark of science alive.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,758,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible