Barbarian's Choice

by Ruby Dixon

I might be the only unmated female in my tribe, but it doesn't mean I've given my heart. I'm waiting. I want resonance, and I won't settle for anything less.
But when an alien ship lands and a handsome stranger steps out, I know he's the one. His name's Mardok and he's fascinatingly different - and distractingly appealing. But Mardok can't stay on the ice planet, and he says he can take me with him.
Now, I must make a choice. Do I stay and lose my mate forever? Or do I follow him to the stars and leave behind everything I know?
… (more)

Wow this book was so different and creative. ( )
  KrazyKoala | Sep 14, 2020 |
Wow this book was so different and creative. ( )
  KrazyKoala | Sep 14, 2020 |
In Barbarian's Choice we have a wonderful story that features one of my all time favorite characters of the series and I was so happy that I was able to read her book because it was REALLY good but boy Ruby Dixon really knows how to work my emotions so well because this one was another tear jerker of a read. Seriously...does this author not know that I need a break from TEARS!! hehe But on a serious note, this book was fantastic. This is Farli and Mardok's story and what a BOOK!!

Perhaps I am a dreamer, but I am waiting for a hunter that looks at me with fire in his belly and stars in his eyes

So the story starts out with Farli taking her pet out hunting and she wants to get away from the young hunters who want her to be their bed mate and it just doesn't appeal to her. She is waiting for resonance because she believe that her mate is out there, she just has to be patient. But while out hunting she sees a ship landing on the planet and she goes to investigate. Mardok is ex military working on a freighter ship with a small crew and he is the mechanic of the group. When their ship has engine problems he finds himself on the coldest planet he has ever known but while trying to fix their ship, he finds a beautiful woman behind him mostly in the nude except for a loincloth and he has no idea how she isn't frozen to death. They don't speak the same language, but there is a connection between them. Mardok is dealing with past trauma of his time in the military and can't stand the thought of behind left behind. And Farli doesn't want to leave the only home she has ever known which would also mean losing her pet and her family. So either Farli or Mardok will have to make a difficult choice if they want to stay together.

I have been waiting all this time for my Mardok. I slide my arms around his waist, holding him close and breathing in his scent. It does not matter that he is cooler to the touch or that his people are strange. He is mine.

This was such a heart wrenching romance because we see what a relationship that Mardok and Farli have together. I loved the chemistry, the play between them and the sweet love bond that quickly forms even though Mardok doesn't have a qui inside him but Farli is resonating to Mardok and she knows that he is her mate and before long she starts to fall in love with him and she knows that she will need to make a difficult choice her home or to be with Mardok. But we see how much Farli is willing to sacrifice so that she can be with Mardok and this book just tore me up inside seeing the difficult choice that these two make for each other. And yep MARDOK is a winner in my eyes. Just loved his character and seeing him face up to his fears and find out what true love is really capable of and his own strengths. A truly remarkable addition to a fabulous series that wins your heart each and every time!! I can't wait for Bek's story. :) ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 1, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,858,832 books! | Top bar: Always visible