The Lord God Made Them All

by James Herriot

Continues the memoirs of Yorkshire veterinarian James Herriot, as life for Herriot, his wife, and two children gets back to normal after World War II.

English (18)  Spanish (1)  All languages (19)
Excellent story teller. ( )
  lynngood2 | Sep 6, 2021 |
As always with James Herriot an excellent collection of stories and anecdotes, including a journey to Russia and another to Istanbul. Good reading.
  David-Block | Aug 21, 2021 |
I hadn't read this one before. The Russian sea-voyage storyline was particularly interesting. ( )
  emrsalgado | Jul 23, 2021 |
It is just after World War II, and James has returned from the R.A.F. to do battle with the diseases and injuries that befall the farm animals and pets of Skeldale and the surrounding moors. Four-year-old Jimmy Herriot, Humphrey Cobb and his little beagle Myrtle, Norman the book-loving veterinary assistant, and many more new faces join old favorites among the green hills of Yorkshire, as James takes an unforgettable voyage to Russia on a freighter with 383 pedigreed sheep. Touching our hearts with laughter and wisdom, lifting our spirits with compassion and goodness, James Herriot never fails to delight. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 29, 2017 |
This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot, Booklikes & Librarything and linked at Goodreads & Mobileread by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: The Lord God Made Them All
Series: All Creatures Great and Small #7
Author: James Herriot
Rating: Unrated
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 388
Format: Digital Edition

Synopsis:

Even more stories from the Vet. And apparently he goes to Russia, or something.

My Thoughts:

I abandoned this at the 10% mark. I just couldn't take any more cutesy stories about animals or the people. The people just pissed me off. So I endured for almost 40 pages. Then when he starts off about him going to Russia, and preparing his reader for that adventure, I just gave up.

Almost 400 pages was too much and I had really reached my limit of animal stories about 2 books ago. Nothing wrong with this book, hence the Unrated rating. I am using this as a lesson to teach myself when I need to abandon a series sooner.
  BookstoogeLT | Mar 25, 2017 |

James Herriotprimary authorall editionscalculated
Timothy, ChristopherNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all
----------------Cecil Frances Alexander, 1818-1895
TO ZOE
latest beautiful grandchild
When the gate fell on top of me I knew I was really back home.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,928,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible