The Next Place (1997)

by Warren Hanson

An inspirational journey of light and hope to a place where earthly hurts are left behind.

A meditative masterpiece. Maybe not for children—unless you want to have *that* talk with them, in which case it’s probably perfect.
  BookNookFairy | Jun 28, 2019 |
This book is not appropriate for all audiences but may be able to inspire a discussion on the afterlife in certain settings.
  UUNeedham | Nov 16, 2016 |
This is a really nicely illustrated and thoughtful book, with a peaceful and hopeful air about it. I liked it quite a bit and would recommend it for anyone facing the passing of a loved one. It is very non-denominational, I felt. I consider myself agnostic, and enjoyed it for the atmosphere it created as well as the lovely illustrations. Highly recommend.
  waclements7 | Oct 27, 2015 |
The calming, colorful illustrations and imagination provoking imagery presented in this book give it a very light hearted feel, that is, as light hearted as one can get when talking about grieving a lost loved one. The very deep and dark topic of death is made brighter for children in The Next Place by describing the idea of heaven as a beautiful, carefree place to be. The use of this book could prove beneficial in any age classroom, particularly when a student or the class is dealing with grief. It is comforting to know that the death of a loved one can actually result in happiness for them by going to a better place and this is a great lesson for children to understand. ( )
  k.hostetler11 | Oct 7, 2015 |
Fun flowing text! Vivid, colorful pictures of a journey beyond the confines of the physical human body. We are a body having a spiritual experience & a spirit having an experience through a body. Death is only an illusion:) ( )
  shane54 | Mar 30, 2015 |
In memory of Tom O.
The next place that I go will be as peaceful and familiar as a sleepy summer Sunday and a sweet untroubled mind.

A best-selling bereavement book for all ages and all faiths. A comforting message of hope and compassion.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,134,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible