Long Way Down (2017)

by Jason Reynolds

As Will, fifteen, sets out to avenge his brother Shawn's fatal shooting, seven ghosts who knew Shawn board the elevator and reveal truths Will needs to know.

English (98)  Dutch (1)  All languages (99)
This novel takes place over the span of sixty seconds. The concept is amazing and the delivery did not disappoint. ( )
  Akacya | Feb 28, 2021 |
This book is powerful, heart wrenching, and beautiful. Reynolds writes in verse about the cycle of violence that can occur when being a "man" means getting revenge for the death of loved ones. Reynolds is able to take the reader into the world of the main character so that we feel his pain and loss and grief and want him so badly to choose to save himself. ( )
  Sarah220 | Jan 23, 2021 |
Young Adult (12 ) novel that I feel should be mandatory reading for ALL 7th - 8th graders. The book is written in verse and the majority of it takes place in 60 seconds. Sixty seconds to decide to follow The Rules. There's a reason this book has won so many awards. ( )
  3CatMom | Dec 28, 2020 |
I have no idea how my husband went to NCTE, got me a signed copy of this incredible book, and then waited an entire month to give it to me. Jason Reynolds is a talented writer, and novel-in-verse suits his voice well. This story has a tight frame and a provocative setup. I have much to think about and will be revisiting this book soon. Highly recommended. ( )
  DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |
For all the young brothers and sisters in detention centers around the country, the ones I’ve seen, and the ones I haven’t. You are loved.
DON’T NOBODY
believe nothing
these days
which is why I haven’t
told nobody the story
I’m about to tell you.
Do not combine with the graphic novel

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,970,634 books! | Top bar: Always visible