Think and Grow Rich (1937)

by Napoleon Hill

Napoleon Hill is considered the forefather of the modern personal development movement and his motivational classic, Think and Grow Rich, has inspired millions with its words and thoughts on discovering success and abundance within oneself. The thirteen principles of success outlined within this bestselling audio program is a blueprint you can follow in the construction of your own personal success story.… (more)

English (36)  French (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (39)
A mix of abstract concepts and actionable tips. Somewhat new-agey (with quite a bit of focus on concepts like auto-suggestion and subconscious mind or law of attraction), but goes beyond that.

Uncover how you can master “success consciousness” to create what you want in life.
This book is based on more than 20 years of Napolean Hill’s research on 500 of the most successful people in business. It can be considered the grandfather of personal development books, and has been a major influence on many billionaires and famous personalities like Oprah Winfrey, Larry Ellison, Andrew Tan, Lana Del Rey, Bruce Lee and more. You'll learn:
• How “thoughts are things” and can translate into riches or other material successes
• The 13 timeless principles for success
• The 6 steps to riches

Book summary at: https://readingraphics.com/book-summary-think-and-grow-rich ( )
  AngelaLamHF | Mar 23, 2022 |
The granddaddy of self-help books. ( )
  MarcHutchison | Jul 11, 2021 |
i feel, therefore i am ( )
  djsj | Dec 24, 2020 |
I had first heard about this book while listening to Entrepreneurs on Fire. In fact, many of the guests indicated that this book significantly impacted their success. Naturally, I had to put it on my reading list. Because the book was written in 1937, it qualifies as my "book published before you were born" for the Modern Mrs. Darcey 2016 Reading Challenge. The book I am referring to is Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. In this book, Hill shared the secrets to Andrew Carnegie's success and wealth. For me, this book was about developing a success mindset. I found the book to be mesmerizing. READ MORE ( )
  skrabut | Sep 2, 2020 |
The author begins with the story of how he got the secret to wealth from Andrew Carnegie.
Then he goes on to say how the reader, as he reads this book, will stumble upon the great elusive secret to untold riches; which I too would have found out if I had the grit to finish this book.

There were two main reasons for me quitting on this book:

1. Never have I encountered such cheesy writing. Just try and read the following page:

Now you see what I mean? I thought this would be just limited to the preface, but he kept a similar style well into the first chapter as well.

2. It was such a pain to read the capitalized words in the middle of sentences. Dear author, I understand that you want to highlight the word, but pray, can you at least not make it an eyesore?

Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but I expect a certain level of literary standard from the books that I invest my time in.
I don't know if I'll ever pick it up again, but it certainly won't be anytime soon.
  Govindap11 | Mar 21, 2020 |

Hill, Napoleonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Holden-Crowther, BenEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hurst, KatherineEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
A Word From The Author. In every chapter of this book, mention has been made of the money-making secret which has made fortunes for hundreds of exceedingly wealthy men whom I have carefully analyzed over a long period of years.

self-help in post-depression era America. Set your goal, remind yourself everyday, and put yourself on the path through attention and focus to becoming "rich". Dated in presentation, but timeless in concept. Pre-curser to the more contemporary version "The Secret"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,630,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible