The Sun and Her Flowers

by Rupi Kaur

A revised hardcover edition of the #1 New York Times bestseller the sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur, author the #1 New York Times bestseller milk and honey. Her long-awaited second collection of poetry is a vibrant and transcendent journey about growth and healing. Ancestry and honouring one's roots. Expatriation and rising up to find a home within yourself.   Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. A celebration of love in all its forms.   this is the recipe of life said my mother as she held me in her arms as i wept  think of those flowers you plant in the garden each year  they will teach you that people too must wilt fall root rise in order to bloom… (more)

English (39)  Dutch (1)  All languages (40)
I feel that this author is overhyped and having lived through some of these experiences the poetry doesn't seem to speak to my pain. ( )
  MorbidLibrarian | Sep 18, 2021 |
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. Unfortunately, there is still always a risk of slight spoilers despite my best efforts. If you feel something in my review is a spoiler please let me know. Thank you.

So I am not much one for poetry, but after the second book by Rupi Kaur, I'm really coming to like them. I haven't experienced heartbreak over the loss of love in years, so most of this I know but don't feel. However, the strong poems about being a woman and about current love all speak strongly to me. I ended this book feeling uplifted. If or when I ever feel like trying some more poetry, Rupi Kaur's books will be my first stop. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I didn't feel challenged by this collection. ( )
1 vote booksforbrunch | May 5, 2021 |
Fantastic!!! ( )
  kakadoo202 | Apr 27, 2021 |
DNF.

Didn't bother to get too far into this one so I won't leave a rating. I wanted to give Rupi Kaur a second chance after the awful time I had reading Milk and Honey. It seemed strange for me to hate something so much when it had been received by the public with quite a bit of praise. Unfortunately, I caught on pretty quickly that this collection would be very similar.

A few of the poems had a slight impact on me- not because I found them to be successful poetry, but because the ideas shared made me think. However, most of the collection is still what I would consider tumblr quotes and scribbled drawings.

If you enjoy her work, great, but I think I've confirmed for now that Kaur just doesn't suit my taste.
1 vote AshleyHope | Mar 18, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,239,633 books! | Top bar: Always visible