Gone Wild: An Endangered Animal Alphabet by…

Gone Wild: An Endangered Animal Alphabet

by David McLimans

This book could be used in a science study of endangered animals. However, I found the artwork to be lacking enticement. ( )
  Glorydaze | Nov 30, 2015 |
Gone Wild tells about 26 animals that are either vulnerable, endangered, or critically endangered. It gives a definition on what each of those categories means for the animal and also tells the reader what the threat to the animal is. ( )
  CathrynAnna | Nov 19, 2015 |
Introduces children to the ABC's but with an emphasis on endangered animals.
  AimeeV | Oct 19, 2015 |
This creative picture book takes one on a journey to what seems like an African safari. When one reads this book, they will be captivated by the amount of detail in each letter. This book has the best of both worlds because it entails unique animals and the letters of the alphabet. This book is a great read because even you may have never heard of some of these animals. It is the most interesting thing to see how the illustrator creates the animals within the words. I would read this book to a group of pre-k to k students because I feel as though they would love the illustrations and they would enjoy the meanings. ( )
  mbabst | May 3, 2015 |
Alphabet book that contains picture of the letter and animal that is endangered or vulnerable. The book provides information about the type of animal, where it is found in nature, and why it is in trouble. In the back, there is additional information about each of the 26 animals mentioned in the book.

I love that the letters all incorporate the animal into the letter. It would be great to have a map or globe available to children so they can locate or be shown where the countries are on the planet. I really appreciate that the scientific name of the animal is included so that children connect reading to another subject matter. This would be a great book for early science class. The brief write up of each animal is so helpful, so that you don't need to pull out another resource to learn the basics. This book would be a wonderful conversation starter around the subject of caring for others, including animals, and how our individual behaviors can impact others. Would be a great transition to protecting the planet and what we can do to help. I love that learning or reinforcing the alphabet can lead to rich and meaningful conversation and learning. ( )
  zsvandyk | Apr 1, 2015 |
For my daughter, Hannah
Our planet is home to so many plants and animals that it is impossible to know exactly how many species are sharing the earth with us.

Feast your eyes on these amazing creatures before they disappear.  This stampede of wild animals, from Chinese Alligator to Grevy's Zebra, are so rare, they're all endangered.  David McLiman's bold and playful illustrations transform each letter into a work of art, graphically rendered with animal characteristics.  Scales, horns, even insect wings transform the alphabet into animated life.

Once you take this eye-opening safari, you'll never look at letters or animals with the same way again.  A striking work of art and a zoological adventure, Gone Wild is sure to be loved by children and adults alike.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:16 -0400)

Endangered animals are drawn into uniquely crafted letters in this bold alphabet book that provides information on the habitat and class of these rare creatures and the threats facing them.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,544,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible