The Wrong Stars by Tim Pratt

The Wrong Stars

by Tim Pratt

Series: Axiom (1)

The crew of the freight and salvage ship White Raven encounter a space explorer that claims to have powerful extraterrestrial knowledge, passed down to her by a different alien race than humanity is currently allied with.

This is a super fun book to read. The plot is interesting and engaging, I loved the world building and the alien species, and the characters were likable. Also, it had a nice since of humor and make laugh several times. My one major problem with it, was that the central romance felt rushed and a bit forced. Other than that, I loved it. I could not put it down, and even read it while on a lunch date with my boyfriend. If you are a fan of space opera, I would highly recommend. ( )
  queenofthebobs | Aug 19, 2019 |
As this is a fairly light read I really don't have much more to say over and above what the other reviewers have commented on except that I enjoyed this book. Besides that I compliment the author on having good tastes in his influences and having a knack for snappy dialogue. I look forward to continuing the series. ( )
  Shrike58 | Dec 28, 2018 |
ok worldbuilding - ok character development - ok syfy - the aliens are suitably alien - but nothing spectacular - nothing to make this title particularly worth reading
probably wont read more from author ( )
  jason9292 | Sep 28, 2018 |
If you like the intergalactic development structure and unknowable alien technology of the Expanse, but don't necessarily love the constant backstabbing politics...

OR if you enjoy the cooperative, good-faith crew dynamics of the Wayfarers, but want to see those relationships in a more tense, high-action narrative...

... Tim Pratt has GOT YOU COVERED.

Awesome and diverse characters, a fun and refreshingly straightforward romantic subplot, a really interesting take on technologically advanced aliens, and an action-packed plot all make this a book I'm sorry I didn't get to in time for this year's awards season.

Very excited to see where the sequel goes! ( )
  Arifel | Sep 22, 2018 |
Any non-SNL book that can work in a Frozen Caveman Lawyer joke organically is doing something right by me. ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Aug 27, 2018 |

A ragtag crew of humans and posthumans discover alien technology that could change the fate of humanity... or awaken an ancient evil and destroy all life in the galaxy.

The shady crew of the White Raven run freight and salvage at the fringes of our solar system. They discover the wreck of a centuries-old exploration vessel floating light years away from its intended destination and revive its sole occupant, who wakes with news of First Alien Contact. When the crew break it to her that humanity has alien allies already, she reveals that these are very different extra-terrestrials... and the gifts they bestowed on her could kill all humanity, or take it out to the most distant stars.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,541,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible