The Death of Mrs Westaway by Ruth Ware

The Death of Mrs Westaway

by Ruth Ware

On a day that begins like any other, Hal receives a mysterious letter bequeathing her a substantial inheritance. She realizes very quickly that the letter was sent to the wrong person, but also that the cold-reading skills she's honed as a tarot card reader might help her claim the money. Soon, Hal finds herself at the funeral of the deceased, where it dawns on her that there is something very, very wrong about this strange situation and the inheritance at the center of it.… (more)

First Ruth Ware for me. More mystery than thriller, it’s an easy read with a varied bunch of characters and the protagonist is easy to like. By page 100 I thought I had it all sussed out. 300 pages in, and all my speculations had evaporated down dead ends or with the smell of red herring. Comfy. ( )
  PhilipJHunt | Oct 19, 2019 |
⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

I think it would have been a full four stars for me if it had not been for the fact I figured it out a lot sooner in the book than was enjoyable. Maybe I'm just getting to good at figuring out these books, maybe a break is in order. I really did enjoy this book, I always enjoy Ruth Ware's work though ( )
  basilsbooks | Oct 1, 2019 |
A good plot, reminiscent of Agatha Christie. I found the main character, Hal, a bit tiresome. It seemed like half of the book is her "clenching her hands into fists so tight her nails leave a mark on her palm". ( )
  grandpahobo | Sep 26, 2019 |
Loved it!! 5 Stars A twisty page turner. Ruth Ware is now one of my must read Authors. ( )
  silversurfer | Aug 30, 2019 |
Lots of hype but I found it standard thriller stuff with far too many unbelievable coincidences ( )
  ParadisePorch | Jul 29, 2019 |

Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret
Never to be told

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,996,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible