Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Broken Girls by Simone St. James

The Broken Girls

by Simone St. James

English (62)  German (1)  All languages (63)
i liked this book a lot - it was suspenseful and part ghost story/cold case mystery. This was my book club's choice for this month - i am glad to have read it. This is my first book by Simone St. James - She is an excellent writer - I enjoyed the storyline as well as the characters she developed in this book. I will certainly look forward to reading any other books by her. ( )
  debbiebellows | Jun 1, 2019 |
Another great read from Ms. St. James!! This author never disappoints. There were mysteries one right after another. I couldn't stop guessing how everything is related to each other. This was a fast read for me but only because the storyline was so well-written and I couldn't wait to know what happens at the end. ( )
  nu-bibliophile | May 25, 2019 |
Is it only a little over a year ago since I discovered Simone St. James through the fantastic book Lost Among the Living? Apparently so since then have I read a couple of her older books, and I quite enjoy her haunting tales. The Broken Girls captivated me from the first page and I enjoyed this hauntingly tragic story. As a big fan of books with dual storylines was I intrigued by both stories.

Journalist Fiona Sheridan sister was murdered twenty years previously and her body was found lying in the overgrown fields near the ruins of Idlewild Hall. Although it seems that the case is closed with the boyfriend being tried and convicted for the murder can't Fiona shake the feeling that something about the case is wrong. While Fiona investigates Idlewild Hall that has now been sold do we learn what happened in the 50s, through flashback chapters, at the school when one of the girls went missing...

The Broken Girls is an engaging story with an underlying feeling of paranormal. It's the paranormal vibes that make this book a bit extra thrilling to read I think. I found that I hardly could put the book down when I started to read it and I enjoyed both storylines. This is a fabulous book, very atmospheric, and I can't wait to read more from Simone St. James.

I want to thank the Berkley for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
A little slow to start, but nicely paced at the end. Good twists on the mysteries, engaging characters. Just the right amount of spooky. She is becoming one of my favorite writers in this genre. ( )
  bgknighton | May 2, 2019 |
I finally tackled this one. I started it before and got a bit scared so I put it aside. I’m so glad I picked it back up, or more like listened in the daylight on my commute. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 4 🤩🤩🤩🤩. ( )
  karenvg3 | Apr 16, 2019 |
This book is for my mother, the greatest heroine of my life. I love you, Mom.
The sun vanished below the horizon as the girl crested the rise of Old Barrons Road.

More than sixty years after one of four friends in a reputedly haunted boarding school goes missing, journalist Fiona Sheridan resolves to learn her sister's fate before a harrowing discovery is made.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,521,776 books! | Top bar: Always visible