Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow

by Jessica Townsend

Series: Nevermoor (2)

"Morrigan Crow is now a proud scholar in the elite Wundrous Society, but must prove that she belongs in the Society, while battling a new evil"--
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling (Aula)
    Aula: Similar in that a young protagonist (Morrigan) who gets whisked away from an unhappy childhood to a place where it's discovered she has a special and powerful talent.

English (15)  French (1)  German (1)  All languages (17)
I love these books so freakin much and also I'd like to lodge formal complaints against all the adults in this book, except Martha perhaps. She's great. ( )
  mmsmcetc | Sep 17, 2020 |
A magical as the first one if not more! I pretty much enjoyed them at the same way, but I think this book a bit more.

The audio was fantastic. The narrator is wonderful with voices, she truly makes you feel part of the story, you totally believe you're near Morrigan and you're living the adventure together. I adored the music at the end of each chapter, some were so creepy I had chills.
I absolutely love these characters and this world, it's truly something else. I didn't have this much love and dedication to a series in a long long time. Jessica Townsend's writing is whimsical, magical and fun. There's not a point in the book where you feel bored or you think "well i don't really care" she doesn't let you.

I absolutely adored the new setting, to see Morrigan dealing with her being a Wundersmith and the prejudice that comes with it. I also loved how her friendship with Cadence evolved, and how her relationship with Jupiter, Hawthorne and Jack got deeper. It was so overwhelmingly sweet, i had so many feelings.

Squall is so compelling. I honestly believe he has so many layers, it's difficult to understand him or his intentions yet and I adore those kind of characters.

Fen is still the best and I love her.

I definitely can't wait for the third book!
  primordialnyx | Jun 24, 2020 |
4.5 stars #middlegrademarch ( )
  Bryna_Heaton | Jun 19, 2020 |
I didn't think it was possible but second book is even better than the first! Can't wait to see what's going to happen in the next one.

Also, this story is one of the best middle-grade books that I've ever read. (Better than HP in my opinion) ( )
  Alevis | May 17, 2020 |
So much yes!!! I am officially a Morrigan Crow-fan! I loved this book so much, I can't wait for the next one.

I actually laughed out loud several times reading this book, it's SO funny! I also cried a few times. But mostly I just kept on reading and loved every second of it. I got that same "wow, this book is so good!"-feeling I remember getting while reading the Harry Potter-books for the first time. Would recommend for everyone.

(I found the ending a teeny tiny bit weaker than the rest of the book, but let's not focus on that). ( )
  KirstenLucie | Dec 9, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

Tämä kirja on omistettu
rakkaudella ja kiitoksin naisille,
jotka kuljettivat minut sen läpi:
Varsinkin Gemma ja Helen,
mutta myös Fumie Takanon japanilaisten
cheerleading-mummojen ryhmä
Morrigan Korppi hyppäsi varjoraiteelta hampaat kalisten ja öljykangassateenvarjon kahvaa puristavat kädet kohmeessa.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,622,750 books! | Top bar: Always visible