It's Not Easy Being a Bunny by Marilyn…

It's Not Easy Being a Bunny

by Marilyn Sadler, Roger Bollen (Illustrator)

8382016,446 (4.04)1

P. J. Funnybunny is unhappy being a rabbit, so he tries being various other animals. In the end, he realizes that a bunny is the best animal for him to be because a bunny is who he is. The overall theme is to be content with who you are. ( )
  rpankey | Apr 2, 2018 |
PJ doesn't wan to be a bunny anymore because he's tired of eating carrots, he hates his big, floppy ears, and he has too many siblings. So, he leaves his family and joins first the bear family, then the bird family, and so on. The story is cute, and the illustrations fun, but overall, the book is underwhelming. ( )
  JenW1 | Apr 12, 2017 |
P.J. doesn't want to be a bunny anymore so he goes around and meets different animals and tries to be apart of their families. finally he decides that he likes being a bunny
1 book
  TUCC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Summary:

It's Not Easy Being a Bunny by Marilyn Sadler is about a bunny who's name is Funnybunny. He does not want to be a bunny anymore. He decided to be a bear, a bird, a beaver, a pig, a moose, a possum, and a skunk. Funnybunny decides, after trying to be everything other than a bunny, he is better off being a bunny. He decides being a bunny really isn't as bad as he once thought it would be.

Personal Reaction:

I really enjoy this story. This story shows that you may not know how good you have it until you get out of your situation. Then you realize that you really don't have it as bad as you believed it was. I have stressful situations and at times I believe it cannot get any worse but if I get out of my bubble, I realize that I really have it made I just need to take a break. This book really shows that.

Classroom Extension:

1. Explain to the students that in life there are going to be things they do not like but that one situation can open up doors to several others that they do like.

2. Have the students tell me something they do not like for example being an only child, or having too many siblings. Explain to the children, with siblings, that if they didn't have their siblings when they wanted to play a game they wouldn't have anyone to play with, and those who are only child, explain to them that they don't have to share a room and will have more time with their parents.
  makayladawn | Sep 10, 2016 |
This book was very cute. I thought that the illustrations were awesome and really did a wonderful job of telling the story. This was another book that I felt could have been wordless. The illustrations did a fabulous job of portraying the written text. The story is about P.J. Funnybunny and his opposition of being a bunny. Throughout the book, P.J. went on an adventure to try to live the life of different animals. Throughout the book the reader will notice a very repetitive theme, "I don't want to be a ____. I want to be a..." This gives the reader the inclination that there is another animal that P.J. is going to try to be. This give the reader the opportunity to make a prediction of what P.J. will be next! The message within this story is that everyone is unique, be proud of who you are. It takes P.J. a few times of trial and error to figure this out, but after living with the bears, the birds, the beavers, the pigs, the moose, the possums, and the skunks, he realizes what he really wants is to live with his bunny family and be himself again. Once P.J. is back home he no longer takes for granted the things he disliked about his family before. He eats his cooked carrots, he plays with his brothers and sisters, and he is proud of his big ears! I think Marilyn Sadler does a great job getting the message across to the readers. This book would be categorized as a modern fantasy because the animals are given human-like qualities. Overall I think this was a great story. ( )
  Morgan.McDaniel | Feb 26, 2016 |

Marilyn Sadlerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bollen, RogerIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Seuss, Dr.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
P.J. Funnybunny was very sad.

Illus. in full color. "Sick of being a bunny, P. J. Funnybunny takes off to become a bear. Hibernation gets dull, so he tries being a bird. And so it goes, with beavers, pigs, possums, and skunks--till P. J. realizes that bunnyhood is for him. The short, repeating text is ideal for beginners and the bright, humorous cartoons will get immediate attention."-- School Library Journal.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:50 -0400)

Unhappy being a bunny, P.J. Funnybunny tries living with bears, birds, beavers, pigs, moose, possums, and skunks.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,367,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible