Jude's Law by Lori Foster

Jude's Law

by Lori Foster

Oh, how I loathed this book. Why? I've been asking myself this each time I turned my Kindle on to try and sludge through finishing this pathetic tale.

If you like stories with heroines that are TSTL" (Too Stupid To Live) then you will find a winner in this story. May, the heroine is definitely this year's valedictorian of the Bella Swan "TSTL" Heroine Academy.

This is the third of recent BBW books I've read where the BBW heroine is written so poorly. Her character is just crap.

Here are my issues with story:

Why did Jude love May so much? There was no full explanation as to why he is obsessed with May. Did he spend enough time with her to have a full conversation, with normal back and forth? If he did, then he'd understand she's not worth it.

Why is Tim, the brother of May still alive? He's dreadful. I've never hated a character so quickly as I did that pathetic excuse of a man. And he is not even a villain.

Even Ashley, May's best friend and fellow TSTL graduate (Don't worry Ashley's on the Honor Roll) is written poorly. For someone who is supposed to have had a hard life and always to have her wits about her, her wits switch has not been switched to ON as of yet.

And there are two decent men, Jude and Quinton that actually like these vapid broads. I just...sigh...can't. I had to skim to the ending after 63% of the book or I would have dome something drastic like break my Kindle.

I'm tired of poorly written BBW characters getting high marks just because you have a BBW heroine that has a handsome Hero actually paying them some sort of attention.

I recommend this book to no one. I don't hate anyone that much in this life." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
Completely terrible and do not recommend. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Typical Foster contemporary. Easy dialogue. Fast pacing. Good beach read. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
Right from the beginning Jude, the male lead, was sexually aggressive in a way that might have been fine if May, the heroine, had pushed back, or flirted in turn, or maybe even if they had been in an equal position. They weren't--a point is made that Jude's patronage of May's gallery is all that's keeping her afloat--and he knows it. Given that May's nervous, "Oh, you're just joking" clueless-on-purpose response to his overtures struck me as a God, get away from me and Jude's persistence as sexual harassment. Not good--even if we later learn that it was more from insecurity and May was attracted to him. (May, by the way, is described by Jude as "Rubenesque" and by another character as "chunky." Nice that--that she's not the usual stick figure heroine.) Then enter stupid plot to kill Jude--loan sharks will forgive the gambling debt of May's drunkard brother if he kills Jude. (What? They never heard of paid hit men?) So, what do you think, do Jude and May do something sensible like call the police when they learn of the threat? D'oh. No. So on page 130, particularly since I didn't find this book had anything going for it, I gave up. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Jul 3, 2010 |
another good read by Foster; hero and heroine are a wonderful pairing and their romance is by turns hot and sweet and their conflict with family is truly believable and one that most can relate too. This funny, sweet, tender, hot read is just another perfect example of Foster's talented writing. ( )
  blingtastic | Jan 1, 2009 |
To all the awesome fighters of the UFC, but especially my favorites: Randy Couture, Frank Mir, Vitor Belfort, and Chuck Liddell. You guys rock, and the UFC is the best, most exciting sport around. As a side note: while I've learned quite a few of the holds and rules, I feared insulting a fighter with what I don't know, so for this book I have renamed the UFC as the SBC. And a special nod to Oleg Taktarov, the first UFC fighter that I noticed also becoming an actor. He inspired me.
"He blamed May Price for his new affinity toward lush curves."

Jude Jamison is Hollywood's ultimate bad boy. Loved by few, he's mainly shunned by those he used to call friends. A tragic accident involving a young starlet turned his fame to infamy when he was arrested for her death. Acquited, drained by the sordid life of Hollywood, he seeks refuge in Stillbrook, Ohio, and he hopes to find the one thing that his old glitzy life never did - love. May Price is a sensible art gallery owner, trying to stay afloat when into her life walks the gorgeous, breath-taking Jude. Upon meeting her, Jude knows he wants her. Tird of the skinny, fluffy-headed women that used to clog his life, he's more than ready for May's generous curves and open honesty. Prepared to immediaely conquer the intriguing lady, he's stumped when he actually has to work for her affections. Every time he tries to get close, she blows him off or acts as if he's teasing. Soon Jude is pushed past the boiling point and he's ready to put all doubts of his interest in her to rest. Come hell or high water, he will make her his.

Upon Jude's introduction into the story, it was blatantly obvious that he was no ordinary, run-of-the-mill hero. Jude happens to be a trained fighter in addition to a certifiable Hollywood hunk. His talents come in handy when May's brother is beaten and then charged with taking out Jude. Jude and May both are soon in for more than they bargained for as they try to solve the mystery of who wants Jude killed. Thankfully, they still find plenty of time to explore their passionate relationship. Several supporting characters add humor and depth to the story and there are even a few twists.

Former Hollywood lothario Jude Jamison, while starting a new life in the small town of Stillbrook, Ohio, sets his sights on curvaceous businesswoman May Price, who does not seem to appreciate his advances until he lays down the law.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,686,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible