Miss Julia Stands Her Ground

by Ann B. Ross

Series: Miss Julia (7)

When she learned her philandering (and late) husband left behind a lover and illegitimate son, Miss Julia could have gotten nasty. Instead, she kept her cool, adding Hazel Marie and Little Lloyd to her makeshift family. But now rumors are surfacing that call Little Lloyd's patrilineage into question. Has Miss Julia been duped? The only way to know for sure might be to exhume Wesley Lloyd Springer's body for a DNA test.… (more)

Miss Julia Stands Her Ground – Ann B. Ross
3 stars
Miss Julia has a problem. She must prove that Little Lloyd is without doubt the biological child of her late husband while preserving the reputation of the boy’s mother Hazel Marie. I love the cast of characters and the ridiculous situations they find themselves in. Hazel Marie’s passion party had me laughing out loud. I’m a Yankee who married into a Southern family and there are personalities here that I recognize. This is not great literature, but I found Miss Julia’s strong moral sense a relief after reading Witches of Eastwick.
This was my first Miss Julia book although I'd bought several of them to give to my mother. Stands her Ground is the 6th book in the series. I didn't have much difficulty following the plot or getting to know the characters as Miss Julia seems to do a great deal of reminiscing.
  msjudy | May 30, 2016 |
Well, maybe 3.5 stars.

I love Miss Julia, but this book spends a lot of time in reminiscence of their first Christmas with Little Lloyd and Hazel Marie. The main issue of his paternity was only dealt with in the last few chapters. ( )
  BookConcierge | Feb 19, 2016 |
Miss Julia continues to soften up after her marriage; while she continues to care deeply for her family (nonconventional though it may be) we see her becoming a bit less worried about the opinions of the rest of the town. But in this story, little Lloyd's paternity is questioned, and she goes into Miss Julia Overdrive Mode to make sure Hazel Marie escapes unharmed. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 25, 2014 |
Miss Julia mystery, audiobook ( )
  ClifSven | Oct 22, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,179,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible