9 From the Nine Worlds

by Rick Riordan

Series: Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard (Short Stories)

The Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy may have concluded, but we haven't heard the last of our favorite peeps from the Nine Worlds. Join Hearthstone, Blitzen, Samirah, Alex, Jack, T.J., Mallory, Halfborn, and more on a hilarious and unforgettable journey through Rick Riordan's unique take on Norse mythology. While Magnus is off visiting his cousin, Annabeth, his friends find themselves in some sticky, hairy, and smelly situations as they try to outwit moronic giants, murderous creatures, and meddlesome gods. Can they stave off Ragnarok at least until Magnus gets back?… (more)

Just nice to check in with all the characters from the MC trilogy. ( )
  mutantpudding | Dec 26, 2021 |
Make Blitzen/Hearthstone canon, you coward!

In all seriousness, this short story collection wasn't very strong. The stories were short and underdeveloped, and the characters' personalities didn't feel very distinctive. Rick Riordan can do better. The art was nice, though. ( )
  widdersyns | Jul 19, 2020 |
żałośnie słabiutkie jak na riordana ale ma alex fierro. ( )
  katabaza | May 5, 2020 |
The gang from Valhalla are back. Usually, I am meh about the Riordan extra books- they typically cater to the superfan of that particular series and that isn't precisely us with any of the series so far. We like Percy, of course, but the Magnus stories are our actual heritage, so they have come out on top of books we will re-read.

This story (or stories) are told from all the supporting characters point of view, Hearthstone in particular and Odin had stories that I would love to be book length. You'll meet Hearthstone, Blitzen, Samirah, Alex, Jack, T.J., Mallory, Halfborn, and more in this book. It's perfect for the reader that wasn't ready for the Magnus Chase series to end. In full disclosure, we pre-order all the Riordan books and now those of his imprint as well so my review comes from that perspective.

Please note that I received a free advance E ARC of this book from NetGalley without a review requirement or any influence regarding review content should I choose to post a review. Apart from that, I have no connection at all to either the author or the publisher of this book.
  JennyNau10 | Dec 7, 2019 |
I have been informed that this has a chapter from Alex's POV and also quality Fierrochase content despite Magnus not being there, so now I need it right now immediately.

(but also I hope it has flashbacks or something bc otherwise I'll miss Magnus)
  runtimeregan | Jun 12, 2019 |

Riordan, RickAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

A special thank-you to Stephanie True Peters for her helo with this book

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,064,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible