Hothead by Stella Rhys

Hothead

by Stella Rhys

Series: Irresistible (Apr 2018 - book 4)

841,591,969 (4.75)None

When a broken heart leads to a bad idea, Evie and Maddox find that faking it is the least of their problems. Hothead begins with an awkwardly volatile chance meeting that snowballs into the romance of the century. The problem. The lies get bigger, the heart falls deeper and what began as a means to end starts to become a realism that makes for extreme chaos. Ms. Rhys gives love a bad name that ends up feeling oh so right. Loved. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
coming soon.... ( )
  pcorrea3 | May 30, 2018 |
REVIEW: “You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else…” Taken advantage of, deceived and betrayed, both Drew and Evie reluctantly agree to a fake engagement. Three months is a short time to fool the public and team management. However, maybe they are just fooling themselves. It is easy to get caught up in these complicated characters. The heat is tremendous and the verbal sparring adds some humorous moments. There was a lot more to this book than just a sports romance crossed with a faux engagement. This is my voluntary review of an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.

DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: He's the hottest player in Major League Baseball, the most notorious playboy in all of Manhattan...And my fake fiancé for the next three months.

I was drunk-dialing my ex the night I met him.

Six-three, sexy as sin and so incredibly rude I could smack the asshole smirk right off his face. Long story short, we got off to a bad start. But when the tabloids interpret our sparring as Drew Maddox "groveling" with a "mystery brunette," his agent presents us both a proposal:

Shacking up as a couple this summer.

It’s an alleged “win-win.” I need to prove to my ex that I'm fine. Drew needs to prove to his team that he's stable. Thanks to his on-field brawling and never-ending lady drama, Drew Maddox has suddenly found himself on the trade block - which means he needs a fast, easy way to show the team that he's settled down.

Hence this fiancé thing. ( )
  treehousereader | Apr 5, 2018 |
**I received a copy of this book from Hidden Gems Books in exchange for an honest voluntary review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

I had an absolute BLAST reading this book!

It had everything I love in a good fake relationship romance: palpable chemistry, fun banter and genuine characters. It was easy to become addicted to this story.

I'll admit, I wasn't sure about Evie when we first meet her. She's still hung up on her crappy ex and making some questionable life choices. But that all changed when we get to her first encounter with Drew. Their chemistry was off the charts and I couldn't help but chuckle at their back and forth retorts. That's when I knew I was in for a great ride.

What I really loved about the romance of this novel was how it brought out the best in the characters. The first half of the novel is focused more on Evie and her learning not to define herself by her ex-boyfriend. I love how Drew gets her to see her self-worth and builds her confidence. And in turn, Evie returns the favour later on when we start to peel back the layers to Drew's character and she helps him see their is more to life and people. I love romances that help grow both characters and this one succeeds incredibly in that respect.

These two just work together. They have this great physical chemistry but they also get to know each other on a deeper level--one of my favourite things about the fake relationship trope. In a way this book read like a slow burn because we did get those heated moments between them but they took their time getting to know each other a little more.

And while this book had drama along the way, it all really worked well for his story. I never felt like anything was put in there simply for shock factor or to up the drama. Everything helps to reaffirm the characters development and progress the romance in a positive way.

This was my first Stella Rhys book and it certainly won't be my last!

Full Review: TBP
Actual Rating: 5/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Apr 4, 2018 |

Stella Rhysprimary authorall editionscalculated
Masterson, JohnReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Myles, CassandraReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, TantorPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,511,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible