dismiss

Jock Row

by Sara Ney

Series: Jock Hard (1)

Scarlett is always the sensible one: The sober driver. The planner. The one holding your hair back while you're worshiping the porcelain gods. Week-after-week, she visits Jock Row with her friends-the universities hottest party scene and breeding ground for student athletes. And if keeping her friends out of trouble, and guys out of their pants, was a sport, she'd be the star athlete.Being a well known jock-blocker gets her noticed for all the wrong reasons; just like that, she's banned from Jock Row. NO GUY WANTS A GIRL AROUND WHO KEEPS THEIR JOCK FRIENDS FROM GETTING LAID."Rowdy" Wade is the hot shot short-stop for the universities baseball team-and the unlucky bastard who drew the short straw: keep little Miss Goody Two-Shoes out of the Baseball House. But week-after-week Scarlett returns, determined to get inside.… (more)

An NA free of drama, but filled with tension. Two sweet, funny, sex-obsessed college students...such a delight. I loved the setting of the porch with the party raging inside, cause that’s where you’d find me, plus that put a novel spin on the development of the relationship. I also had an easy time believing that, a very genuine, very college, very cute romance with a ridiculously smitten hero and heroine I loved.

My one hesitation is just that there wasn’t much to it. It was fluff, though it was fluff at its finest. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
Re-Read in 2019 and I liked it better the second time around. College romance between a popular baseball player and a girl he meets when he has to remove her from a house party for being herself and making some of his team mates look bad. Rowdy and Scarlett get to know each other well and fall for each other before they even kiss. They were fun and I enjoyed it. There is some swearing as well as some steamy scenes. ( )
  sdbookhound | Jul 12, 2019 |
4.8 stars

This book had me from the first chapter. It wasn't filled with drama or huge misunderstandings. Instead, it was a build up of two people getting to know each other., developing a friendship, and growing from there. Everything about them was endearing from their games to their banter, to them -- both as individuals and who they were together.

The whole story was mainly just about them. Very limited interactions with secondary characters (until his parents toward the end) and yet I never got bored. Each word I easily gobbled up because I just wanted to watch this relationship unfold. Scarlet and Rowdy (Sterling is such a cool name btw) are a perfect example of why so many girls wish for that happily ever after--because they too want to love and be loved like that. ( )
  MagicalRi | Apr 15, 2019 |
Such a great book. I love Rowdy and Scarlett. This book has a slow burn, and it was amazing. The pacing for the book is perfect, just what I was looking for in a book. This book at times had me laughing out loud, then crying like a baby because it's so sweet. There is no conflicts really, just relationship stuff, this is light hearted and a joy to read. No angst here folks. Told in dual pov. ( )
  KGarner | Aug 4, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

Is a (non-series) prequel to

Week-after-week, she visits Jock Row with her friends — the university's hottest party scene and breeding ground for student athletes. And if keeping her friends out of trouble, and guys out of their pants, was a sport, she'd be the star athlete.

"Rowdy" Wade is the hot shot short-stop for the university's baseball team — and the unlucky bastard who drew the short straw: keep little Miss Goody Two-Shoes out of the Baseball House.

But week-after-week Scarlett returns, determined to get inside.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,280,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible