The First Part Last by Angela Johnson

The First Part Last (2003)

by Angela Johnson

Exhaustion is all over this book - a great, difficult look at teenage pregnancy. ( )
  samseabornesq | Nov 10, 2015 |
Supposed to be super good, but I didn't like it. I didn't find it believable and I found it lacking in many areas. ( )
  Misty-Rose | Jun 1, 2015 |
The First Part Last By: Angela Johnson. This book makes it feel like real life. Bobby just a normal teen boy living high school years. But he soon finds out that him and his girlfriend Nia will have there life's changed in 9 months by a baby girl named Feather. They soon have to take responsibilities of parenthood, especially Bobby, he soon realizes this baby he will be raising on his own. This book didn't have chapters it went like "now" and "then". What was happening now he had flashbacks to when Nia was pregnant. This book I loved because it really showed how Bobby stepped up and became the father he needed to be for Feather and then he found out Nia was ill and pronounced brain dead during the pregnancy, then he knew he would have to raise this child on his own. Bobby is a great father and the love he has for his daughter is unconditional. This book I recommend reading because it really does show life lessons and it is a great book to explain teen pregnancy. Bobby had his life change with a baby girl, school and Nia condition but he made it through and was the father he was suppose to be. I was very impressed with this book. ( )
  jsteele7 | Jan 20, 2015 |
Bobby tries to explain how he got to where he is now: a sixteen-year-old single father in New York City, with a baby girl he loves more than anything. A very short, very powerful book told in a non-linear fashion. Highly, highly recommended. ( )
  RussianLoveMachine | Apr 1, 2014 |
A quick read and an excellent recommendation for those wanting realistic fiction on teen pregnancy. I loved the character, Bobby, who although he was not prepared to become a teen father, stepped up and adjusted his priorities. ( )
  SparklePonies | Mar 10, 2014 |
For Elizabeth Acevedo and the rest of the students in the 1999-2000 sixth-grade class at the Manhattan School for Children
My mom says that I didn't sleep through the night until I was eight years old.

Bobby's carefree teenage life changes forever when he becomes a father and must care for his adored baby daughter.

Angela Johnson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

74 wanted1 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,881,775 books! | Top bar: Always visible