Whiteout by Ken Follett

Whiteout (2004)

by Ken Follett

When a canister of a deadly virus disappears and a lab technician starts bleeding from the eyes, Toni Gallo, the security director of a Scottish medical research firm, knows she has problems. When a Christmas Eve blizzard whips out of the north, a group meets in a remote family house: Stanley Oxenford, the research company's director, who has developed a drug to fight the virus; his children who have their eyes on the money it will bring; Toni Gallo who is betting her career on keeping the drug safe; a local television reporter determined to the get the story, even if it means bending the facts; and a violent trio of thugs out to steal the drug for a client who has something shocking in mind. As the storm worsens, jealousies, distrust, sexual attraction, and rivalries crackle; secrets are revealed and hidden traitors and unexpected heroes emerge.… (more)

English (56)  Spanish (5)  German (2)  French (1)  Swedish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (67)
Not the best of Follett, but I enjoyed the book. I think I might have read it years ago. ( )
  joliek | Jun 26, 2019 |
Boring...I gave up on it. ( )
  dverg48 | May 3, 2019 |
auf CD/DVD gebrannt, Datei vorhanden, nicht gehört v. Andreas, nicht gehört v. Gaby
  abugaby | Mar 8, 2019 |

Ken Follett is an excellent storyteller and Whiteout is a page-turner that does not disappoint. A missing canister containing a deadly virus and a deadly snow storm make up the plot of this bio-terrorism novel. It is a riveting thriller full of romance, family relationships and company security. The characters are well-fleshed and believable. I found Follett's writing to be suspenseful and entertaining. I look forward to reading more Follett in the near future. I highly recommend this book to those who love suspense thrillers. ( )
  EadieB | Feb 6, 2019 |
I thought this was interesting enough but not quite believable. Especially the ending of the book. Don't want to get into detail and spoil it. Nevertheless It kept my interest, I had to see the outcome. ( )
  paulhock | Oct 17, 2017 |

Ken Follettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Raffo, AnnamariaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Two tired men look at Antonia Gallo with resentment and hostility in their eyes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,745,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible