Unraveling by Karen Lord

Unraveling

by Karen Lord

I am not going to lie but I don’t know the author, so I picked this book only by looking at the cover page which seemed to me very intriguing. It’s a big maze with an eye in the middle. The main characters Dr. Miranda Ecouvo and two brothers Chance and Trickster have to go through the maze and solve complicated puzzles in order to catch a killer or rather confirmed that Walther Grey, Butcher of the City killed and mutilated 7 victims. I couldn’t get into the book on the beginning but when I did I couldn’t stop. It’s difficult reading and needs a lot of attention because scenes change very quickly but it’s rewarding on the end. There is a lot of characters throughout the book so if someone likes challenging reading I recommend this one :).
Thank you to First to Read and publisher for a free copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  futrzak13 | Apr 14, 2019 |

In this standalone fantasy novel by an award-winning author, the dark truth behind a string of unusual murders leads to an otherworldly exploration of spirits, myth, and memory, steeped in Caribbean storytelling.   Dr. Miranda Ecouvo, forensic therapist of the City, just helped put a serial killer behind bars. But she soon discovers that her investigation into seven unusual murders is not yet complete. A near-death experience throws her out of time and into a realm of labyrinths and spirits. There, she encounters brothers Chance and the Trickster, who have an otherworldly interest in the seemingly mundane crimes from her files.  It appears the true mastermind behind the murders is still on the loose, chasing a myth to achieve immortality. Together, Miranda, Chance, and the Trickster must travel through conjured mazes, following threads of memory to locate the shadowy killer. As they journey deeper, they discover even more questions that will take pain and patience to answer. What is the price of power? Where is the path to redemption? And how can they stop the man--or monster--who would kill the innocent to live forever?… (more)

Karen Lord is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,407,775 books! | Top bar: Always visible