Save Your Breath by Melinda Leigh

Save Your Breath

by Melinda Leigh

The sixth Morgan Dane suspense title hits close to home. Lincoln Sharp's new girlfriend true-crime writer Olivia Cruz disappears with no warning. She and Sharp had been taking their time with their relationship since both were pretty set in their ways and wary. Morgan and her soon-to-be husband Lance are quick to jump in to help Sharp.

With nowhere to start their investigation, they try to learn what she was working on for her next book. Attempts to contact her agent and publisher are stalled since she disappears on a weekend. They do learn that she was working on two possible criminal cases. The first was a man who was convicted of killing a young woman and suspected of killing five more but their bodies weren't found. The second was a case of a man convicted of murdering his wife despite his story of a home invasion.

That second case hits close to home when the man's mother makes an appointment with Morgan to see if she will be the lawyer for an appeal. Morgan doesn't take the case because something feels wrong about it to her. Minutes later her would-be client commits suicide outside her office.

We also gets scenes starring Olivia where we see her kidnapped and see her imprisoned in a cold, damp, underground room which exacerbates her asthma and leaves us thinking that the asthma could kill her before the kidnapper does.

Meanwhile, there's domestic drama too as Morgan's three young daughters are excited about Halloween and Halloween costumes and her nanny Gianna who is underdoing dialysis for kidney failure gets very sick.

This story was filled with suspense and was fast-paced. I enjoyed it because I like the characters and the relationships. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jul 29, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,002,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible