Angry God

by L. J. Shen

Series: All Saints High (3)

I love this series! I was waiting for this one to come out because I love Baron "Vicious" and wanted to see how his son was. As it turns out, he is more complicated than we thought. Incidents from his past have caused him to behave the way he is today.

Like all of the books in this series you have a dark "secret" that is pretty heavy. Of course we don't know what it is until near the end.

Other than that you have a lot of the same "bully" type of romance/hatemance, the formula isn't broke so L.J. isn't going to fix it. I will say however, that her characters have a very colorful vocabulary. ( )
  Rellwood74 | Feb 18, 2021 |
I can see aspects of this book that would be really interesting. The characters have a lot of potential.
I was recommended this book because I adore etl and morally grey characters, but I don't think I was the target audience for it. I don't expect it from the author, but there was an entire chapter that I had to skip that desperately needed a TW or a tl;dr instead of graphic depiction. Author did a good job wrapping up loose ends though. ( )
  crowsb4bros | Oct 2, 2020 |
Some aspects of this book I felt a little too much like Vicious 2.0 and like yes ok he's their son but we like to see the kids stand on their own ! But I will say that Lenora felt like a more emo Emilia to me and I loved their relationship and push and pull. Also loved the cameos of the parents and Knight even though my son is... absolutely useless... we love him anyway ( )
  firesbrigan | Sep 13, 2020 |
tw: child abuse/rape
I'm totally against this policy that we shouldn't give trigger warnings because they spoil books, if someone can be triggered it's something we should speak loudly about and warn them off and fuck off who doesn't think the same.

I really enjoyed this book, Vaughn and Lenora are definitely my favorite couple from this spinoff. I loved the angst, the built up. My favorite part was definitely the Spencer family. Vicious and Vaughn, Emilia and Vaughn, Emilia and Vicious melt my heart and gave me life.
I wish we could've seen more of the other couples, but being set in another country it totally made sense for them to not appear.
I can totally predict this book will have polarizing opinions, but personally, I really had a great time with it. ( )
  primordialnyx | Jun 24, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,082,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible