Malorie (2020)

by Josh Malerman

Series: Bird Box (2)

"In the thrilling sequel to Bird Box, the inspiration for the record-breaking Netflix film that starred Sandra Bullock and "absolutely riveted" Stephen King, New York Times bestselling author Josh Malerman brings unseen horrors to life. The film adaptation of Malerman's first novel, Bird Box, was watched by over forty-five million Netflix accounts in the first week, the best first seven days ever for a film on the platform. Countless more came to know the story through social media. The image of Sandra Bullock's character, Malorie, blindfolded--as she's led through a terrifying near-future apocalypse by the trained ears of her children--has become synonymous with a new generation of horror. Now from the mind of a true master of suspense comes the next chapter in the riveting tale. This time, Malorie is front and center, and she will confront the dangers of her world head-on"--… (more)

Not scary but very interesting to know what happened to Malorie after Bird Box. ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
Squee! I didn't know there's a sequel to Birdbox! Can't wait to read this!
  Jinjer | Jul 19, 2021 |
I absolutely loved “Birdbox” the book (the movie not so much) and always wondered if there would be a sequel someday. When I heard that there would be, I pre ordered it and eagerly anticipated its arrival. ⁣
Like the previous novel, this one was also hard to put down. Josh Malerman once again created a tense and chilling atmosphere. I loved being able to reconnect with Malorie and her children, because not many dystopian books garner continuation. While I did love this book and feel it’s a solid sequel, I didn’t love it more than “Birdbox”. I read about certain situations and left feeling like I needed more-more backstory, more time dedicated to. I also strongly recommend first reading “Birdbox” as there are many references throughout that mention characters and events that could confuse you if you don’t. ⁣ ( )
  brookiexlicious | May 5, 2021 |
The end of Bird Box led me to believe this book would take an entirely different route, that the reader would learn about a different section of Malorie’s life than the one in this sequel’s pages. That the story is so unlike what I expected isn’t a bad thing, making this tale a complete surprise. We continue to follow Malorie and the children, now grown, and inescapable hope in the bleakest of times. Malerman hits an emotional tone in this book that feels deeper than the one in Bird Box, driving Malorie on to face danger at the moment in her existence when she has even more to lose. Like most great suspense stories, both these books are not about the monsters, but those who struggle to survive against the odds. ( )
  SharonMariaBidwell | Apr 16, 2021 |
This was quick, with some good thriller moments, but not nearly as good as Bird Box. The writing felt stilted, and the plot was overall disappointing. As usual, monsters are scarier when you don't know much about them (or when they're human). ( )
  duchessjlh | Apr 10, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,484,429 books! | Top bar: Always visible