Costume in Detail: Women's Dress 1730-1930 (1968)

by Nancy Bradfield

This book will be of interest to anyone professionally or educationally involved in costume history as it includes many detailed drawings and studies of dresses and accessories based on research from private collections.

This is my all time favourite go to text in regards to historical clothing. I can always find what I need & the sketches are exquisite. I borrowed it from the library so often, that when they retired it, they called to see if I wanted to buy it. ( )
  mizj | Jul 4, 2017 |
I have the hardcover edition. ( )
  velvetink | Mar 31, 2013 |
Great reference for drawing or design! It contains detailed drawings AND notes explaining the details. It does only cover European women's costume.
  razedbywolves | May 6, 2009 |
Detailed sketches of extant garments. Great resource. ( )
  ithilwyn | Dec 19, 2005 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,462,273 books! | Top bar: Always visible