Masquerade (2009)

by Melissa de la Cruz

Series: Blue Bloods (2)

Schuyler Van Alen, growing comfortable with her newfound vampire powers, seeks her grandfather in Italy, while back in New York plans are being completed for the fabulous Four Hundred Ball, to be followed by an elite, teens-only event at which masks hide a terrible secret.

There's something so decadent and aesthetically captivating about this series, and the second book was just as satisfying as the first. This book introduces chapters set in Venice and several new characters. The arrival of a certain rapscallion new student at Duchesne shakes up social dynamics and also raises questions about the secret world of the blue bloods. I personally love a ritzy event like the masquerade, and this one was the ideal backdrop to layer additional intrigue and romance into the story. I love this series!
  starlight-glimmer | Oct 5, 2021 |
Review in my Wrap Up Vlog
https://youtu.be/mAkPSjN_8eU ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
I can't decide if I liked this one or the 1st book better. It got a bit more interesting and I'll probably finish this series sometime, even though it's not one of my favorites. ( )
  DoomLuz | Jul 20, 2021 |
I read this at the urging of a friend who said it was much better than the first book in the series. I have to agree with her on that. I wasn't as turned off by all the product placement, and there wasn't the name dropping in this like there was in the first book. I'm definitely interested in reading more. ( )
  ssperson | Apr 3, 2021 |
The ever growing world of the vampires, and their secrets, continues in this book. I enjoy this series both for it's teenage agast as well as the huge mystery of the silver bloods and their ture intentions. Can't wait to see how Skylar handles the next series of challenges ( )
  Colleen5096 | Oct 29, 2020 |
"We become so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others, that at last we are disguised to ourselves."-- Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld
"...the thing I am becomes something else...The shadow is cast."--Bauhaus, "Mask"
For my brother, Francis de la Cruz, stalwart ally and kindred spirit And for my husband, Mike Johnston, without whom the Silver Bloods would not exist.
The pigeons had taken over St. Mark's Square.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,897,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible