One of Us Is Next

by Karen M. McManus

Series: One of Us is Lying (2)

"A year after the Bayview four were cleared of Simon Kelleher's death, a new mystery has cropped up--a game with dangerous consequences that's targeting students at Bayview again. And if the creator isn't found soon, dangerous could prove deadly"--

I couldn’t really remember the first story and characters but that didn’t really matter because this featured different characters and different plot lines. This was hard to put down because each chapter ended on a cliff hanger. Even though the story was serious with cyber bullying there were some funny parts lightening the mood. ( )
  Dairyqueen84 | Mar 15, 2022 |
8,7/10
- Muito melhor que o primeiro
- Teve um momento que parecia meio aventura de adolescente, como se eles conseguissem fazer isso na vida real
- Todos os detalhes são muito bem conectados, igual o primeiro, amei
- Esse eu gostei do desenrolar da história e do desfecho, não esperava
- O final eu fiquei um pouco chocad
- Leitura leve e rápida, prende o leitor ( )
  pfvrclarax | Jan 1, 2022 |
This was a bit more action-packed and revenge driven.
Patiently waiting for the third installment. ( )
  VipashaAiyer | Sep 28, 2021 |
The sequel to a great murder mystery. A couple of friends and I buddy read the first book and when this second one came out; we couldn’t wait to read it together.

The book takes place 18 months after the events of the first book. We follow 3 different main characters. The sister of Bronwyn, Meave. Her best friend who she also dated Knox and Phoebe who is a waiter at the local restaurant. They’re all juniors of the Baywinn High School and after things settle down after the whole Simon affair things are pretty quiet. That’s until someone new steps up and introduces a new type of game in school. Truth or dare, Truth and one of your most revealing secrets gets out, dare and you have to fulfill an assignment. Who is behind all this and what are the connections after a dare turns deathly?

I enjoyed myself. This is a very easy and entertaining read. I enjoyed the first book and really liked how the plot twist was thought out. I was expecting the same twists and well thought out plots that all come together in the end. The author didn’t let me down. She writes characters that are very different from one another with enough backstory to relate to them. All of them were pretty likeable and had somewhat of flaws that were interesting. The way the characters are written made it hard for me to picture any of them being the master mind. That’s way in the second half when the plot suddenly gets switched to “is it one of the three?” I did not really believe it. The side characters were a lot of fun. The main selling point of a book like this is figuring out who is behind it all. In my opinion the side characters are what really selling that. You constantly have to think if this or that person is involved. The ending was well done. It wasn’t the plot twist that I was expecting as I had figured it out about halfway through. The twist after that was very well done and I could not believe what had happened in a good way.

If you enjoyed the first book, I can’t recommend this enough. It’s fun to spend time with familiar characters and discover who’s behind the deathly game.
  luclicious | Sep 20, 2021 |
Yay! This book was awesome :) ( )
  SapphireMoonlight23 | Aug 5, 2021 |

Karen M. McManusprimary authorall editionscalculated
Berman, FredNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Liatis, MariaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Linneman, HollyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vacker, KarissaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Reporter (standing at the edge of a winding street with a large white stucco building behind her): Good morning.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,041,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible