Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (2020)

by Charlie Adhara

Series: Big Bad Wolf (Adhara) (4)

Agent Cooper Dayton is almost relieved to get a phone call from his former boss at the Bureau of Special Investigations. It means a temporary reprieve from tensions created by house hunting with Oliver Park, his partner both in work and in life. Living together in a forever home is exactly what Cooper wants. He's just not keen on working out the details. With a former alpha werewolf missing, Cooper and Park are loaned to the BSI to conduct the search at a secluded mountain retreat. The agents will travel to the resort undercover . . . as a couple in need of counseling. The resort is picturesque, the grounds are stunning and the staff members are all suspicious as hell. With a long list of suspects and danger lurking around every cabin, Cooper should be focusing on the case. But he's always been anxious about the power dynamics in his relationship with Park, and participating in the couples' activities at the retreat brings it all to the surface. A storm is brewing, though, and Cooper and Park must rush to solve the case before the weather turns. Or before any more guests-or the agents themselves-end up dead. Contains mature themes.… (more)

Honestly, these five stars are no thoughts just vibes stars. I'm thinkin anyone who sticks with this series loves the characters and the writing so the high ratings are a given. ( )
  tuusannuuska | Dec 1, 2022 |
What I've been liking the most in this series is that I'm feeling very stupid. I only guessed right the villain in the first and third books, this keeps me entertained. ( )
  Tratiezone | Nov 8, 2022 |
Do you ever finish a book and just...wish there was more of it? Not because it had an unsatisfactory ending, but just the opposite - because it was so good that you feel you know the characters and desperately want to stay as part of their lives. That's how I feel after finishing Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Charlie Adhara. I am quite relieved to know there's another installment coming in this series. These books are awesome. ( )
  ElleSNZ | Oct 30, 2022 |
The partners investigate strange goings-on at a relationship retreat for werewolves (and humans partnered with werewolves). More murder and werewolf politics as Cooper learns more about the divisions among werewolves—pack, rogue wolves, and the quasi-terrorist organization that wants wolf society to change and become more public. ( )
  rivkat | Jul 5, 2022 |
She just writes exactly what I want to read. ( )
  BrielM | Mar 1, 2022 |

Charlie Adharaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bloomquist, ErikNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

“... You tricked me,” cried the Little Blue Wolf. “You tricked me and now you have stolen my tail! Without it I can never go home.”

The Monster in the Mountain laughed. “Silly little wolf. Did you really think you could sleep in the mouth of a monster and not get bit?”

—Excerpt from a North American werewolf fable. Date and author unknown.
In memory of Jane,
a true romantic whose unwavering love and kindness were one of a kind.
We miss you.
The fact that he was here could only mean one thing: something had gone terribly wrong.
Park inclined his head slightly in that way of his that always made him look like some kind of benevolent god accepting a loving sacrifice. When Cooper tried the same he looked like he’d suddenly dropped food down his shirt.
What the hell about him had Park seen and thought, Oh yes, anxiety-ridden loner with a temper sharper than a serpent’s tooth and a deep-seated fear of change whose longest successful relationship is with an equally judgmental cat? Swoon. It seemed too improbable for words.
“Your average human sees a mouse and it makes a sound like a lion and smells like a snake, you’d say that mouse made a weird sound. A wolf would say there’s a snake in this room and it sounds like a lion and looks like a mouse.”
“I’m relieved to hear it,” Dr. Joyce said. “Should we get started on what’s brought you here today?”
“‘What we’ve got here is failure to communicate,’” Cooper quoted, and ignored Park’s overly put-upon sigh. If “Andrew” thought he was going to miss an opportunity for a reference like that, maybe this fake relationship wasn’t worth saving.
“Oh,” he said, shocked, and a slight flush colored his cheeks. “I...oh.”
“I’d like to buy a consonant now, please,” Cooper said.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,285,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible