The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (ESV) (2001)

by Crossway Bibles

The top-selling ESV Thinline Bible is ideal for use at home and on-the-go. At less than 1 inch thick and available in multiple designs, there is an ideal ESV Thinline Bible for everyone.
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

I just loved Neil Gaiman’s poetic prose! Totally enjoyed the rollercoaster ride, a journey worth venturing in!

My full review here:
http://www.sholee.net/2017/11/mpov-ocean-at-end-of-lane.html ( )
  Sholee | Sep 9, 2021 |
Great reference work

I found the Kindle version of ESV by Crossway to be as complete as other versions. I like the ESV as a study Bible because the cross references are built in. I also appreciated the brief on how to navigate the document which is included in the text. ( )
  bdinsman | Sep 10, 2020 |
Adapted from RSV. Anglicised version. ( )
  ME_Dictionary | Mar 19, 2020 |
The writing. Gaimen's writing feels (sounds) effortless. Almost poetic. He is just such a joy to read. I wish I could write half as eloquently. Man, I wish I could read his first draft and compare.

Story. This may be my favorite his novels ) that I have read, of course). I have liked the others, but not loved. I loved this novel. It was such a great and thought provoking adventure packaged up as a childhood dream wrapped in an adult's nostalgic recollection. That just may have happened. We all have recollected stories of our youth that we are just barely clinging to... Gaimen really captured that phenomenon and then cranked up the story. Just wonderful. Recommend! ( )
  ErrantRuminant | Mar 13, 2020 |
Men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit ( )
  ZacharyTLawson | Jul 10, 2019 |

Bibles, Crosswayprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Godsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
PREFACE
The Bible
"This Book [is] the most valuable thing that this world affords."
GENESIS
The Creation of the World
1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
"You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."(Matthew 5:48)

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"(Romans 3:23)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."(Romans 6:23)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."(John 3:16)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."(Ephesians 2:8-9)

"he said, It is finished,"(John 19:30)

"If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also along with him, graciously give us all things?"  (Romans 8:31-32)
Various printings and bindings of the ESV have been combined here. Please continue to combine any printing with the Old and New Testament texts only here. Please do not combine ESV editions that contain the Apocrypha with this work. Various "study editions" with extensive notes and aids should not be combined here. Please separate any that are here, and combine such editions as separate works.
This work's ISBN, 1581346573, is The Holy Bible: English Standard Version containing the Old and New Testaments according to WorldCat. It is not the KJV.
This work's ISBN, 1433503905, is shared with Rethinking Retirement.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,702,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible