Further Tales of the City by Armistead…

Further Tales of the City (1982)

by Armistead Maupin

Series: Tales of the City (3)

Dit boek las ik vroeger, in de jaren zeventig of tachtig. Grappig om het te herlezen. Toen ik er weer in begon, vond ik het maar flauw en traag, maar opeens kwam de vaart er in en toen werd het toch leuk om te lezen. Geschreven als feuilleton, dus af en toe heel spannend. ( )
  elsmvst | Aug 18, 2015 |
Continuation of characters in Tales of the City and More Tales of the City. Enjoyable. ( )
  bogopea | May 31, 2015 |
More laughing out loud, more thoughtful pauses when remembering some of the awful stuff that happened back in the day, more caring about this merry band of people who populated San Francisco in the 1970s. Maupin sticks a genuine mystery into this book, and there were moments when I did not know if I put the book down because I did not want to find out "what happens", or if I was too excited to read "what happens". How he pulls an impossible story together at the end is a wonder to behold. And the heroes are totally lovable! ( )
  maggie1944 | Aug 15, 2014 |
Full-blown camp (in a ridiculous, unsexy way). I can't say why I continued to read this series other than the fact that I'm something of a completionist and the prose is incredibly easy to blaze through. ( )
  milkyfangs | Aug 9, 2014 |
Lovely narration by Barbara Rosenblat. I wish I could find the next 3 narrated by her, as I also have the last book to listen to. Worth a listen if you are a fan. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
Délicieux, tendrement ironique, chaleureux...Un régal.
added by Ariane65 | editLe Magazine littéraire

Entre un ouvrier au grand coeur, une star de cinéma et son médecin favori - Jon Fielding pour ne pas changer-, Michael court toujours après l'homme de sa vie. Mary Ann, entrée à la télévision, court après le scoop de la sienne. DeDe revient de loin et Mme Madrigal cultive des petites herbes dans son jardinet...Ajoutez à cela quelques kidnappings, une course poursuite entre l'Alaska et Barbery Lane, et vous aurez une idée de ce pétillant roman d'où on ressort tout étourdi, un sourire bêta scotché aux lèvres.
added by Ariane65 | editTêtu

Armistead Maupinprimary authorall editionscalculated
McDormand, FrancesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Surely there are in everyone's life certain connections, twists and turns wich pass awhile under the category of chance, but at the last, well examined, prove to be the very Hand of God.
Sir Thomas BROWNE, Religio Medici
Pour Steve Beery
Evidemment, il y avait bien des étrangers pour continuer à prétendre que San Francisco était une ville qui ne connaissait pas de saisons, mais Mme Madrigal ne s'en souciait guère.
"You should come over one night. I have a Betamax."

The calamity-prone residents of 28 Barbary Lane are at it again in this deliciously dark novel of romance and betrayal. While Anna Madrigal imprisons an anchorwoman in her basement, Michael Tolliver looks for love at the National Gay Rodeo, DeDe Halcyon Day and Mary Ann Singleton track a charismatic psychopath across Alaska, and society columnist Prue Giroux loses her heart to a derelict living in San Francisco park.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:37 -0400)

The third novel in the beloved Tales of the City series, Armistead Maupin's best-selling San Francisco saga, soon to return to television as a Netflix original series once again starring Laura Linney and Olympia Dukakis. The calamity-prone residents of 28 Barbary Lane are at it again in this deliciously dark novel of romance and betrayal. While Anna Madrigal imprisons an anchorwoman in her basement, Michael Tolliver looks for love at the National Gay Rodeo, DeDe Halcyon Day and Mary Ann Singleton track a charismatic psychopath across Alaska, and society columnist Prue Giroux loses her heart to a derelict living in a San Francisco park.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,565,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible