HomeGroupsTalkMoreZeitgeist
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Loading...

Further Tales of the City (1982)

by Armistead Maupin

Other authors: See the other authors section.

Series: Tales of the City (3)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,600147,858 (3.85)29
The calamity-prone residents of 28 Barbary Lane are at it again in this deliciously dark novel of romance and betrayal. While Anna Madrigal imprisons an anchorwoman in her basement, Michael Tolliver looks for love at the National Gay Rodeo, DeDe Halcyon Day and Mary Ann Singleton track a charismatic psychopath across Alaska, and society columnist Prue Giroux loses her heart to a derelict living in San Francisco park.… (more)

None.

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 29 mentions

Showing 1-5 of 14 (next | show all)
The characters and tales continue to grow. Old friends reemerge and new friends are made. ( )
  sunnydrk | Aug 25, 2020 |
twins didn't die in Jonestown, did Rev. Jones?
  ritaer | Apr 15, 2020 |
Dit boek las ik vroeger, in de jaren zeventig of tachtig. Grappig om het te herlezen. Toen ik er weer in begon, vond ik het maar flauw en traag, maar opeens kwam de vaart er in en toen werd het toch leuk om te lezen. Geschreven als feuilleton, dus af en toe heel spannend. ( )
  elsmvst | Aug 18, 2015 |
Lovely narration by Barbara Rosenblat. I wish I could find the next 3 narrated by her, as I also have the last book to listen to. Worth a listen if you are a fan. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
Very light and entertaining soap opera tale. In this, we find MaryAnn, Michael, DeeDee living a grand adventure full of romance, silly chases with a pinch of religious extremist added. I'm not gonna go into the plot because, well, it's a silly plot and you don't watch or read soap opera for the plot. You read for the emotional rush and the laughters and the tears. There's plenty of those in these tales. This is the last of my reread of this series. I haven't read the next 3 books but I will. I addicted to the lives of these characters. ( )
  writerlibrarian | Apr 4, 2013 |
Showing 1-5 of 14 (next | show all)
Délicieux, tendrement ironique, chaleureux...Un régal.
added by Ariane65 | editLe Magazine littéraire
 
Entre un ouvrier au grand coeur, une star de cinéma et son médecin favori - Jon Fielding pour ne pas changer-, Michael court toujours après l'homme de sa vie. Mary Ann, entrée à la télévision, court après le scoop de la sienne. DeDe revient de loin et Mme Madrigal cultive des petites herbes dans son jardinet...Ajoutez à cela quelques kidnappings, une course poursuite entre l'Alaska et Barbery Lane, et vous aurez une idée de ce pétillant roman d'où on ressort tout étourdi, un sourire bêta scotché aux lèvres.
added by Ariane65 | editTêtu
 

» Add other authors (20 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Armistead Maupinprimary authorall editionscalculated
McDormand, FrancesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Information from the French Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Surely there are in everyone's life certain connections, twists and turns wich pass awhile under the category of chance, but at the last, well examined, prove to be the very Hand of God.
Sir Thomas BROWNE, Religio Medici
Dedication
Information from the French Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Pour Steve Beery
First words
Information from the French Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Evidemment, il y avait bien des étrangers pour continuer à prétendre que San Francisco était une ville qui ne connaissait pas de saisons, mais Mme Madrigal ne s'en souciait guère.
Quotations
"You should come over one night. I have a Betamax."
Last words
Information from the French Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Information from the French Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Blurbers
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

The calamity-prone residents of 28 Barbary Lane are at it again in this deliciously dark novel of romance and betrayal. While Anna Madrigal imprisons an anchorwoman in her basement, Michael Tolliver looks for love at the National Gay Rodeo, DeDe Halcyon Day and Mary Ann Singleton track a charismatic psychopath across Alaska, and society columnist Prue Giroux loses her heart to a derelict living in San Francisco park.

No library descriptions found.

Book description
Haiku summary

Quick Links

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.85)
0.5
1 4
1.5 1
2 13
2.5 1
3 70
3.5 37
4 145
4.5 11
5 73

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

» Publisher information page

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,526,906 books! | Top bar: Always visible