dismiss

All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer…

by Christina Soontornvat

214,050,157 (5)None
Recently added byEarlyReviewers, jetangen4571

Thailand, friendship, teamwork, spelunking, cave-diving, monsoons, nonfiction, any-age-group******

This book is labeled as Children's Nonfiction, but I feel that is a misnomer. This book is from the point of view of the trapped youngsters, yes, but it explains so much more about life and living in a place that never knows snow and where most inhabitants choose the Buddhist faith (which also has a distinct impact on their lives). A year ago I read The Great Cave Rescue and learned a lot about the skilled international response to the emergency and a lot about the physical and medical aspects. This is somewhat different because it explores the bond hat was there before they entered the cave for a rather routine excursion and the individual responses to their days entrapped. Besides, this one has such beautiful photos! It also has skilled drawings of simplified maps for those of us who need that kind of help. It also helps understanding of the awed response of youngsters from a small town meeting people from around the world who came to teach them how to help in their own escape. It's great! My opinion is that, although I totally love audio books, a print copy is better (even if only to enjoy the photos of everything).
I requested and received a free PDF copy from Candlewick Press via NetGalley. THANK YOU! ( )
  jetangen4571 | May 29, 2020 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Christina Soontornvat's book All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys' Soccer Team is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,628,344 books! | Top bar: Always visible