Knitter's almanac by Elizabeth Zimmermann

Knitter's almanac (1974)

by Elizabeth Zimmermann

The world lost a wonderful knitter and teacher when Ms. Zimmermann died. I would have loved to have the chance to meet and knit with her.

This is an excellent book for knitters of any level. Once you can knit and purl, this book can help you do pretty much anything else you may want to do :) ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
I initially got this book because E.Z. is one of my favorite knitting authors. (And because I really, really wanted to make the January Aran Sweater). As with all of her writing, this book is clear, usable for both beginner and experienced knitters, and filled with knitting digressions that come in handy for all types of projects. ( )
  marcella_falquez | Nov 20, 2016 |
I've been thinking of delving into the world of knitting design for a while now and reading this book stoked my desire to do so. Zimmerman's voice is completely her own and I appreciated the no-nonsense approach to being a "thinking knitter."

Note: this isn't really a pattern book, so if that's what you're looking for, I wouldn't recommend it. There are "patterns" but they read more like design notes than anything else. ( )
  shulera1 | Jun 7, 2016 |
First book by EZ I've read.

LOVE it!! Her writing style is wonderful - personal, no-nonsense.
Patterns are awesome too ( )
  GeetuM | Jun 3, 2016 |
"One of America's most ingenious and creative knitters." — Barbara G. Walker, author of Treasury of Knitting Patterns.
Elizabeth Zimmerman once wrote, "So please bear with me, and put up with my opinionated, nay, sometimes cantankerous attitude. I feel strongly about knitting." Perhaps her passionate opinions, as well as her love of wool craft and her delightful style, hark back to her English upbringing or long residence in the Wisconsin woods; in any case, the "Busy Knitter," as she calls herself, is one of the most charming and informative, as well as "un"ventive (her word) knitter-authors anywhere. This book gives full scope to her tireless imagination through a year's worth of projects, fitted to the seasons, moods, and needs of knitters who would like to design their own work. ( )
  RochesterKnittingGui | Mar 31, 2016 |

Elizabeth Zimmermannprimary authorall editionscalculated
Zimmerman, TomPhotographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the Unsure Knitter,
To the Blind Follower,
and
To all those who do not yet know that they can design their own knitting,
this book is encouragingly dedicated.
Once upon a time there was an old woman who loved to knit.

A year's worth of knitting projects from "one of America's most ingenious and creative knitters." Classic patterns for Aran sweaters, baby items, blankets, mittens, moccasins, and other seasonal needs can be followed by intermediate to advanced knitters, or may be adapted into original works. Charming, delightful, informal, and instructive. 35 illustrations.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:51 -0400)

This expanded hardcover edition of a perennial bestseller presents 23 patterns from one of America's most creative knitters. Classic projects for Aran sweaters, mittens, moccasins, and other items can be followed by intermediate to advanced knitters or adapted into original works. New features include color photos of the finished patterns, sizing charts, and more.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,762,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible