The Devil Wears Black

by L. J. Shen

"Maddie Goldbloom stitched up a plan to ensure everything in her life was perfect--from a career in fashion to a chic NYC apartment to a paediatrician boyfriend. When her ex, Chase Black, storms back into her life with an outrageous request, her immediate reaction is to refuse him. But he only wants to fulfil his father's last wish. So even though he's the man who broke her heart, playing his fiancée shouldn't be hard, especially if it means she gets to watch the arrogant devil squirm a bit. What ensues is a chain of events that detonates Maddie's life--and when Chase's walls come down, they both are forced to face reality"--… (more)

English (3)  Italian (1)  All languages (4)
Found this on an end of the year list of romance list on Goodreads and it was on Kindle Unlimited, so I thought why not?

I liked this book and it has lots of reasons not to, but for some reason it worked for me. ( )
  littlemuls | Sep 12, 2023 |
3.5 ish. I mean it could've been better. Maddy's character actually made me cringe at some places. The hero, uhh, what a terrible gaslighting jackass. ( )
  Tooba.B | May 25, 2023 |
I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley. All opinions are my own. The Devil Wears Black by L.J. Shen accomplishes something I had thought would never happen, I read a billionaire romance and enjoyed it immensely. I think it’s because, in this book, the heroine wants nothing from the billionaire hero, and in most instances, she is the one with the power, he needs her more than she needs him. The story of Chase Black and Maddie Goldbloom is a fake relationship, second chance at love story with only one bed. I enjoyed watching Maddie come into her own strong and independent no longer willing to dim her lights for Chase in order to win his affection. Steam Level: Medium Publishing Date March 9, 2021 #TheDevil WearsBlack #LJShen #MontlakePublishing #ContemporaryRomance #NotYourAverageBillionaireRomance #NetGalley #bookstagrammer #bookstagram ( )
  nmgski | Apr 1, 2021 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,866,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible