A Feast for Crows (2005)

by George R. R. Martin

Series: A Song of Ice and Fire (4)

After centuries of strife, the seven powers dividing the land have worn themselves down into a stalemate. The monstrous King Joffrey is dead, and the Northern rebels are scattered. Into this blasted peace, however, come the scavengers, outlaws and renegades, who have been waiting to pick over the remnants. Daring new plots and alliances are formed, and personalities new and old have emerged from the struggle to take up new positions.… (more)
    Terrier by Tamora Pierce (swampygirl)
    swampygirl: Reading this book made me feel like I was rereading all of Pierce's books over again, and this one probably matches up the most closely.
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Sandwich76)
    Sandwich76: Something ludicrous to cleanse the palate

English (442)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (5)  German (4)  French (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Catalan (1)  Danish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (464)
Further tales from Westeros.... this book introduces the South to the book as well as focus on specific characters, leaving a lot of key characters out, leaving you wondering where they are... ( )
  sjh4255 | May 4, 2021 |
I liked this one okay, but the formatting on Kindle was a bit crap, and the whispersynce to voice didn't work AT ALL. ( )
  jlweiss | Apr 23, 2021 |
3.75* Some parts were slow and I wish my favorite characters had been present, but I feel like I'm really going to enjoy A Dance with Dragons. ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
pb
  5083mitzi | Mar 13, 2021 |
Rarely have I ever been as frustrated with a book as when I reached the end of A FEAST FOR CROWS - I didn't want it to end so soon! I can only imagine how that frustration would have grown had I read it when it was first published and had to wait years and years for the next book, but thankfully that won't happen! Probably my favorite book in the series so far due to Cersei Lannister's delicious antics in King's Landing as well as seeing more character development for everyone's favorite atypical boy from the Wall, Samwise. Plus, Brienne! (Also: Brienne! ;___; Maybe? Who the hell knows in this series...)

Thank goodness Martin promises a hell of a lot more Dany (and Tyrion!) in A DANCE WITH DRAGONS; they were sorely lacking in this one! ( )
  sarahlh | Mar 6, 2021 |
In the wrong hands, a big ensemble like this can be deadly, but Martin is a tense, surging, insomnia-inflicting plotter and a deft and inexhaustible sketcher of personalities... this is as good a time as any to proclaim him the American Tolkien.
added by Shortride | editTime, Lev Grossman (Nov 13, 2005)

George R. R. Martinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Canty, ThomasCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, JohnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rostant, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Youll, StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Stephen Boucher wizard of Windows, dragon of DOS without whom this book would have been written in crayon
"Dragons," said Mollander. He snatched a withered apple off the ground and tossed it hand to hand.

Characters you miss
Replaced with plotless boredom
Brownian motion
(amweb)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,802,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible