Worship Is a Verb (1992)

by Robert E. Webber

Worship. It isn't an entertaining showcase for a talented soprano or a lecture on textual criticism or a pleasant weekly reunion of friends and family. Instead, true worship is a joyous celebration of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. And as we actively turn our hearts toward God in earnest praise of God's great works, God in turn speaks to us and blesses us with a healing and renewing touch.In this life-changing and dynamic book, Robert Webber declares that worship is not "something done to us or for us, but by us." It is the most exhaustive demonstration of our faith and the most intimate form of relationship we can have with our Savior. Complete with a guide for group of personal study, "Worship Is a Verb" will show you how to leave the dull confines of the pew and enter the courts of the Living God.… (more)

Case 7 shelf 1
  semoffat | Aug 25, 2021 |
In this book we can see Bob Webber beginning to explore some of the issues in worship that were to become his life work. He was concerned about the way pastors dominated worship and that many "worshipers" were little more than passive audience members. With this book Webber got the conversation started, but he refined his ideas more and more in his later books. ( )
  pastorstevensimpson | Jan 8, 2009 |
A must read for any pastor or worship leader (or anyone else) interested in the question of how and why we worship, or should worship. ( )
  w_bishop | Dec 12, 2007 |
Overall, the text is very easy to read, insightful, and helpful. It is well-grounded in both biblical and theological material, and it offers good insight for practical and feasible ideas to invite participation in the worship service.
added by Christa_Josh | editHomiletic, Vicki L. Karns (Dec 1, 1992)

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,530,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible