The Night They Burned the Mountain

by Thomas A. Dooley

One of the most inspiring books I read as an adolescent...beautifully written story of a young doctor in Viet Nam before the war and his challenges and rewards in helping the people of Viet Nam during the French invasion. ( )
  latinobookgeek | Aug 7, 2007 |
To my mother with deep gratitude for giving me her tender love as a shield against life's winds and storms.
To Dwight Davis and Earl Rhine with whom I've shared joys and worries, disappointments and quiet triumphs in the fog-shrouded valley of Muong Sing.
It was a Saturday, at high noon, when the tired-looking Lao soldier came into my clinic in the little village of Muong Sing in northern Laos.
Obituary: Dr. Thomas Dooley, the medical missionary, died here last night at Memorial Hospital.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,475,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible