Inkdeath (2007)

by Cornelia Funke

Series: Inkworld (3)

As Bluejay--Mo's fictitious double--tries to keep the Book of Immortality from unraveling, Adderhead kidnaps all the children in the kingdom, asking for Bluejay's surrender or the children will be doomed to slavery in the silver mines.

English (104)  German (5)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (3)  Russian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (117)
this was a satisfying end to a delightful story but man, this book was fing LONG. it would've had more of an impact if it had been split halfway. ( )
  kickthebeat | Nov 1, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
The premise for the book was interesting. Most of the characters were interesting, but some fell flat. The villains were interesting and they were mostly why I finished the book. I liked the storyline, but it seemed to drag on during most of the book. I did like the way the book ended. The resolution was not what I expected, but somehow seemed to fit the characters. ( )
  jguidry | May 25, 2020 |
Il migliore resta il primo della serie, non male ma non coinvolge tanto il lettore ( )
  elerwen | May 29, 2019 |
The final book in the trilogy. A lot of action and characters in jeopardy, and I didn't want it to end! Meggie has been through a lot in the Inkworld, as have her mother and father, and although I was disappointed in one tiny aspect of the book, in general I loved the way it ended and tied up all the loose ends. A great series about the love of books and the adventure they contain. I loved the concept of an author being IN his own book--is he able to still change the outcome of events and characters' lives, or does the book grow beyond his power? ( )
  GoldieBug | Mar 26, 2019 |

Mountford, Karl J.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parisi, Elizabeth B.Designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

I am the song that sings the bird.
I am the leaf that grows the land.
I am the tide that moves the moon.
I am the stream that halts the sand.
I am the cloud that drives the storm.
I am the earth that lights the sun.
I am the fire that strikes the stone.
I am the clay that shapes the hand.
I am the word that speaks the man.
--Charles Causely, "I am the Song."
To Rolf, always -- it was the best of things to be married to Dustfinger.

To Ileen, who knows all about loss and was always there to understand and ease the pain.

To Andrew, Angie, Antonia, Cam and James, Caroline, Elinor, and last but for sure not least, Lionel and Oliver, who all brought so much light, warmth, and true friendship to dark days.

And to the City of Angels, which fed me with beauty and wilderness and with the feeling that I had found my Inkworld.
Moonlight fell on Elinor's bathrobe, her nightdress, her bare feet, and the dog lying in front of them.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,022,089 books! | Top bar: Always visible