All I Need Is You by Johanna Lindsey

All I Need Is You

by Johanna Lindsey

Series: Straton Family (2)

English (6)  Dutch (1)  All languages (7)
This is such a great book! I love it! Please read! There is a book before this one, but you don't have to read it to follow along... but I've read both books and love them both.

update 10/7/13... this book just gets better and better. I listened as an audiobook this time and it was awesome. 5 stars for the book and 5 stars for the narration. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
I do love romances, but this one just missed the mark. Where the story lost points includes the following:

1. It starts out with the hero believing the heroine is a teenage boy called "the kid". He complains of his bad body odor and his bluntness, but yet finds himself oddly attracted to her/him.

2. It turns out the kid is really a girl around 18 years old who became a bounty hunter to prove a point to her father about being able to take on mans work. When proving how "grown up" you are to your parents, running away and taking part in a profession which could get you killed doesn't strike me as the best way to demonstrate maturity.

3. The hero, Damien, is a bit flat. There's not much about him that I found appealing.

4. Damien has so much wealth he buys train cars to ride in. Really? He's spending money like he's the kid who created Facebook. It's just a bit too unrealistic.

5. Despite a book full of gunfights, the hero and heroine do not take a single bullet (one gets grazed, but that's about it). They manage to get out of more sticky situations than McGyver and take down many many trained killers.

6. The romance is just weak. It's unclear what they saw in each other and Casey kept running away from him. For a brave heroine, she lacks all bravery when it comes to this. Damien is equally guilty. Their feelings are only expressed at the very end, and then in a rushed way.

7. The side characters fell short. All of them.

8. How did they keep finding the person they were hunting down? I have no idea. It was a bit too "lucky" to be realistic.

It's a readable book, but I wouldn't recommend this one. ( )
  Azacia | Dec 8, 2013 |
Typical Lindsey historical. Girl dresses like a boy romance. Quick read. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
This is the second of JL's westerns. I enjoy them, but not as much as the historical. ( )
  StacyLHanson | Sep 19, 2011 |

Lindsey, Johannaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Burr, SandraReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bader, Ninasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Milla Soler, Carlossecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For A.J.
His father's pride, his mother's joy,
and his grandparents' delight.
Welcome to the family, kiddo.
Chapter 1
Texas, 1892

"I don't give a damn if you are part owner of that ranch, you're not going to run it!"

Headstrong Casey Straton inherited her mother's beautiful eyes and her father's stubborn temperament. So when she is denied the responsibility of running her grandfather's ranchdespite her unladylike prowess at roping, riding and shootingthe high-spirited hellion storms away from her Texas home, determined to prove she can do much more than "woman's work."

Successful businessman Damian Rutledge III cameWest for vengeance. But though he possesses a powerful physiqueand unwavering courage, the handsome Eastern "dude" wouldhave surely been lost in the wild west without the timely interventionof a half-pint bounty hunter called "Ed." There is more tothis fearless gunslinger than first meets the eye, however. And whenDamian discovers his rescuer is, in fact, a stunningly sensuousyoung lady named "Casey' in disguise, he realizes dial there aregoing to be very serious complications on the rocky trailthat is leading them both toward a dangerous, irrepressible love.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380762609, Mass Market Paperback)

Headstrong Casey Straton inherited her mother's beautiful eyes and her father's stubborn temperament. So when she is denied the responsibility of running her grandfather's ranch despite her unladylike prowess at roping, riding and shooting the high-spirited hellion storms away from her Texas home, determined to prove she can do much more than "woman's work."

Successful businessman Damian Rutledge III came West for vengeance. But though he possesses a powerful physique and unwavering courage, the handsome Eastern "dude" would have surely been lost in the wild west without the timely intervention of a half-pint bounty hunter called "Ed." There is more to this fearless gunslinger than first meets the eye, however. And when Damian discovers his rescuer is, in fact, a stunningly sensuous young lady named "Casey' in disguise, he realises dial there are going to be very serious complications on the rocky trail that is leading them both toward a dangerous, irrepressible love.

Johanna Lindsey's enchanting romantic adventure All I Need Is You is the sequel to her immensely popular A Heart So Wild. Lovely and tempestuous Casey Straton the headstrong child of Chandros Straton and Courtney Harte leaves her Texas home determined to prove to her parents that she can do more than "woman's work." Successful businessman Damien Rutledge III came west looking for vengeance. But though he is strong and fearless, the handsome Eastern "dude" would have surely been lost in the wild West were it not for the timely intervention of a half-pint bounty hunter called "Kid." but when Damien discovers his rescuer is, in fact, a stunningly sensuous young lady named Casey in disguise, he realises that there are going to be very serious complications on the rocky trail that is leading them both toward a dangerous, irrepressible love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:06 -0400)

A high-spirited woman storms off her family's Texas ranch to go her own way and runs into a tenderfoot headed West to avenge his father's murder.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,807,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible