Sheep on a Ship (1989)

by Nancy E. Shaw

Series: Sheep (2)

Sheep on a deep-sea voyage run into trouble when it storms and are glad to come paddling into port.

This book was really cute. It uses rhyming and alliterations: ship and ship, ship and trip. This book could serve as a writing model because students can use rhyming and alliterations in their own writing. ( )
  ogonzales | Oct 2, 2019 |
Yet another grand slam by who is becoming one of my new favorite children's authors, Nancy Shaw. Once again, Nancy Shaw has her sheep setting out on an adventure; this time on the open seas as pirates with treasure. Nancy Shaw, once again, demonstrates her fun rhyming style matched with the wonderful illustrations of margot Apple. Once again, I find myself wishing I could do one of Nancy Shaw's books for my read aloud, but, clearly, I'm still set on Donald Crews. ( )
  Noahedels | Oct 30, 2018 |
Another fun picture book to go along with the Sheep collection. The rhyming along with the large illustrations create a great mood for younger readers especially reading in front of a larger class. Even the font is larger with shorter sentences to really allow the pictures to put together the whole story. ( )
  bhammant | Sep 19, 2018 |
The rhyming misadventures of a group of zany sheep on a pirate ship.
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 16, 2016 |
Retelling: This is a rhyming tale of an unfortunate crew of sheep on a ship who nap when they should be navigating. Do they make it home safe? Read to find out.

Thoughts and Feelings: I like how this author plays with sounds. The words are fun to say. I wonder how fast I could read it without stumbling.
  Ms.Penniman | Aug 18, 2011 |

Nancy E. Shawprimary authorall editionscalculated
Apple, MargotIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Sheep (2)
To the friends and family members who offered helpful suggestions.

-- N.S.
For Elaine, and Raymond and Kalle, the sailors.

-- M.A.
Sheep sail on a ship on a deep-sea trip.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,737,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible