Giggle, Giggle, Quack by Doreen Cronin

Giggle, Giggle, Quack

by Doreen Cronin

Other authors: Betsy Lewin (Illustrator)

Series: A Click, Clack Book (2)

Farmer Brown is going on vacation. He asks his brother, Bob, to take care of the animals. "But keep an eye on Duck. He's trouble." Bob follows the instructions in Farmer Brown's notes exactly. He orders pizza with anchovies for the hens, bathes the pigs with bubble bath, and lets the cows choose a movie. Is that giggling he hears? Giggle, giggle, quack, giggle, moo, giggle, oink...
  wichitafriendsschool | Jun 26, 2018 |
Farmer Brown goes on vacation and leaves his brother Bob in charge of the farm animals. Duck changes all the instructions farmer Brown left.
  CECC9 | May 26, 2018 |
Farmer Brown and his independent-minded animals return in this hilarious follow-up to Click, Clack, Moo, where they made their debut. As the farmer prepares to go on his vacation, he leaves instructions for his brother Bob on how to care for the animals, little dreaming that scheming Duck has taken a hand in matters, substituting his own instructions. Soon the animals are enjoying pizza parties, bubble baths, and movie night...

Like its predecessor, Giggle, Giggle, Quack pairs an amusing tale of animal shenanigans from author Doreen Cronin with humorously expressive artwork from illustrator Betsy Lewin. Appropriately enough, given the title, I found myself giggling quite a bit as I read the story, and although quite aware of who the culprit was, when it came to the miscommunication between Farmer Brown and his brother, I still enjoyed watching events unfold. The target audience here will no doubt feel the same, appreciating being in on the joke. Recommended to anyone who has read and enjoyed Click, Clack, Moo, as well as to anyone looking for barnyard stories with a silly sense of humor. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Apr 25, 2018 |
“Giggle, Giggle, Quack” is by Doreen Cronin and illustrated by Betsy Lewin. Duck makes a problem. The problem is Duck writes some fake notes to confuse Bob and to give good things to the animals. My favorite character is Duck because he’s a trouble maker. The words and sounds are the words and sounds that people who learned English already know. I recommend this book to all people who are learning English. I give this book five out of five stars! - Haejun, Tulip Class, February 2018
  RIS_Kids_Academy | Feb 26, 2018 |
  RIS_Kids_Academy | Feb 26, 2018 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewin, BetsyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Andrew -D.C.
For Rosanne Lauer -B.L.
Farmer Brown was going on vacation.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689845065, Hardcover)

The crafty barnyard crew from Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type is back, and this time Farmer Brown has decided to take a vacation. But not to worry--he's leaving his brother Bob to mind the farm: "I wrote everything down for you. Just follow my instructions and everything will be fine. But keep an eye on Duck. He's trouble." Of course, fans of Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin's last brilliant book already know to keep an eye on that manipulative mallard. Now, wait a minute... what's Duck doing eyeing that pencil?

Poor Bob has no idea what he's in for, and Duck and friends have shrewdly seized this chance to move on from collective bargaining to outright subterfuge: "Bob gave Duck a good long stare and went inside. He read the first note: 'Tuesday night is pizza night (not the frozen kind!). The hens prefer anchovies.'" Well, seems like strange way to run a farm, but... "Twenty-nine minutes later there was hot pizza in the barn." Giggle, giggle, quack, indeed.

Clearly, Duck and his cow pals aren't the only ones around to have mastered the pencil and the keyboard. Cronin and Lewin have put their talents to good use yet again, offering up another simple but clever story fit for kids and grownups alike. Lewin seems to snicker throughout her playful watercolors (gotta love those monogrammed towels: "FB"), and Cronin has a ball with the animal cast and their human patsy. (What do the cows pick on movie night? "The Sound of Moosic," of course. Giggle, giggle, moo.) (Ages 4 to 8) --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:48 -0400)

When Farmer Brown goes on vacation, leaving his brother Bob in charge, Duck makes trouble by changing all his instructions to notes the animals like much better.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,561,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible