The Vampire Companion: The Official Guide to Anne Rice’s The Vampire… (1993)

by Katherine Ramsland

Other authors: Laura Hartman Maestro (Illustrator), Anne Rice (Collaborator)

Series: The Vampire Chronicles (companion)

Written with the co-operation of Anne Rice, this is a guide to the historical and mythical background of her four volumes of The Vampire Chronicles. All the characters, plus pieces, key events, symbols and theses, are analyzed in this view of Rice's supernatural realm.

I have this book and [a:Katherine Ramsland|24645|Katherine Ramsland|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1325198341p2/24645.jpg]'s [b:The Witches' Companion|43820|The Witches' Companion|Katherine Ramsland|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320453768s/43820.jpg|114656] and enjoyed reading through both. They're good reference books, and contain interesting information even beyond what you read in the series' themselves. I actually did my high school literature research project on Anne Rice, and both Ramsland's books were great resources. Fans of the Vampire Chronicles will love this companion book. ( )
  ItEntertainsMe | Feb 20, 2013 |
This is a concordance, or index, to the Anne Rice vampire novels as they existed at the time of publication. The rich, but complex and confusing, details and characters are all available here for the true afficianado to verify and cross-check to his or her heart's content. ( )
  AlexTheHunn | Sep 28, 2007 |
Everything you need to know about Anne Rice's vampire chronicles. And I mean everything. Amazing detail. A fascinating read. I learned things I never knew about the vampires that I love so much. ( )
  vampyredhead | Jan 8, 2006 |

Katherine Ramslandprimary authorall editionscalculated
Maestro, Laura HartmanIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rice, AnneCollaboratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,084,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible