Anne of Ingleside (1939)

by L. M. Montgomery

Series: Anne of Green Gables {L. M. Montgomery} (6)

Anne is the mother of five, with never a dull moment in her lively home. She now has a new baby on the way and ready to make her cherished husband fall in love with her all over again.

2nd read:
I'm impossibly nostalgic and therefore love this book. I like the jumps into the childish point of view, the small adventures that seem so large, and even the crabby old married feeling that Anne gets at the end of the book. It was a nice trot down memory lane when the worst that could happen was the bullying of the older "set." I felt an anticipatory cringe when one of the twins sneaked out of the house against "parental decree" to spend a night with a disreputable family... and was reminded that Mongomery, like Stowe and Alcott, was far from silent on the topic of emotional abuse. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
L.M. Montgomery is a long time and all time favorite author of mine. She writes the perfect girls story with just the right mix of adventure, drama and happiness. I find her books a comfort to read and have re-read most of works many times over the years. They are classics for a reason and that reason is they are great. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
OBS: Volume 6
  BibliotecaImaculada | Aug 24, 2021 |
Anne of Green Gable is a great series but the charm was lost in this book. Some of the elements that appealed are still there like the description of nature and weather, which brings you right to the scene itself. This spoke to me during this time when we can't travel. I could just visualize the snow scenes. However, there were many tiresome things. Anne's kids are all so naive, and the Glen's folks like funerals so much! I am glad Montgomery didn't continue further and ended the series here, otherwise, the magic will all be gone. ( )
  siok | Dec 5, 2020 |
Family life is sometimes a hard sell, but Montgomery tells the stories of Anne's children with a deft and humorous hand. And her commentary on marriage is nuanced and poignant. ( )
  DrFuriosa | Dec 4, 2020 |

L. M. Montgomeryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stahl, Ben F.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To W. G. P.
"How white the moonlight is tonight!" said Anne Blythe to herself, as she went up the walk of the Wright garden to Diana Wright's front door, where little cherry-blossom petals were coming down on the salty, breeze-stirred air.

Available online at Project Gutenberg Australia:

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Urban Romantics

2 editions of this book were published by Urban Romantics.

Editions: 1909438588, 1909438596

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,130,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible