The America We Deserve

by Donald Trump

The essential, bestselling book that first defined President Donald Trump's political ideas. The America We Deserve is the essential book for anyone who wants to understand the core of Donald Trump's political thinking. In this book, written as he first considered running for president in 2000, Trump offers no-nonsense, populist, provocative, and dramatic solutions to issues that continue to resonate with voters today. In this book, Trump lays out a vision for America that is strong, optimistic, and founded on core Republican principles of self-reliance, limited governance, economic growth, and equitable taxation. Striking for its similarities to President Trump's current initiatives--but also fascinating in its differences--The America We Deservereveals a man who is fully engaged with the nation and cares deeply about its future. Readers and voters will discover Trump's ideas on: *Foreign policy and relations with China, Russia, North Korea, and Israel *How to fix our broken and underperfoming education system *Reducing regulations on business to help create jobs and economic growth *A dramatic one-time tax on the super-wealthy to close the national debt and fuel tax cuts for the middle class *Immigration, crime, terrorism, and more The America We Deserve is essential reading for Trump-watchers, voters, Republicans, Democrats, and anyone interested in how Trump the businessman became Trump the president.… (more)

Read under protest, but was challenged by a Trump supporter to read something by/about him other than news reports/stories. -- And I was pleasantly surprised! There are some ideas here that actually sound like good ones. The author makes a cogent argument, for example, for addressing the problem of poor public education by creating something of a free market -- poor schools will fail or shape up. I also found his arguments in favor of a Social Security lockbox also interesting and persuasive. -- Of course, I have not heard *any* mention from Candidate Trump or President Trump of the idea he outlines in these pages of a one-time 14.25% tax on all individuals/trusts with a new worth in excess of $10 million dollars. He claims that this would raise $5.7 trillion in new revenue, retire the national debt, and put Social Security on a firmer footing. (I rather doubt he'd've been elected had he touted this!) -- On the whole, while there were a number of things with which I thoroughly disagreed, I confess that there was much food for thought here...and even some suitable policies to pursue. ( )
  David_of_PA | Jul 14, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,743,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible