HomeGroupsTalkExplore

To Sir Phillip, With Love

by Julia Quinn

Series: Bridgertons (5)

A New York Times Bestseller From #1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn comes the story of Eloise Bridgerton, in the fifth of her beloved Regency-set novels featuring the charming, powerful Bridgerton family, now a series created by Shondaland for Netflix. ELOISE'S STORY Sir Phillip knew that Eloise Bridgerton was a spinster, and so he'd proposed, figuring that she'd be homely and unassuming, and more than a little desperate for an offer of marriage. Except . . . she wasn't. The beautiful woman on his doorstep was anything but quiet, and when she stopped talking long enough to close her mouth, all he wanted to do was kiss her . . . and more. Did he think she was mad? Eloise Bridgerton couldn't marry a man she had never met! But then she started thinking . . . and wondering . . . and before she knew it, she was in a hired carriage in the middle of the night, on her way to meet the man she hoped might be her perfect match. Except . . . he wasn't. Her perfect husband wouldn't be so moody and ill-mannered, and while Phillip was certainly handsome, he was a large brute of a man, rough and rugged, and totally unlike the London gentlemen vying for her hand. But when he smiled . . . and when he kissed her . . . the rest of the world simply fell away, and she couldn't help but wonder . . . could this imperfect man be perfect for her?… (more)

Un altro bel libro di questa serie che, questa volta, vede protagonisti Sir Phillip, un vedovo padre di due gemelli pestiferi ed Eloise Bridgerton che con lui ha intrattenuto per lungo tempo una segreta corrispondenza.
La fuga da casa di Eloise per conoscere quello che si propone come suo futuro marito scatenerà la caccia dei fratelli per salvare l’onore della sorella.
Emozionante, affascinante e anche molto divertente, un altro libro della serie da non perdere.
  Raffaella10 | Jan 28, 2023 |
Wasn't my favorite in this series, but I still liked the characters. ( )
  Catherinesque | Jan 25, 2023 |
2.5 ( )
  eternallyik | Jan 2, 2023 |
Yay, my favorite Bridgerton book yet! In many ways, it was quite different from the others. Sir Phillip is not the typical Regency romance hero, and I thought his character was deeper than most. Eloise and Sir Phillip’s journey to love is a departure from the others in the series, not the rapid acceleration usually seen after the leads first form an acquaintance. I was glad to have read the wedding day from Penelope and Colin’s points of view first (second epilogue for book 4) and then get the more complex backstory in this book.
Eloise is one of my favorites in the TV series, and the books have gradually established her as such too. Her obsessive letter writing is an endearing trait and close to my heart, as I used to be a prolific pen pal myself. Her marrying into a situation with two children from a first marriage gave her character a chance to shine, and there were several touching scenes involving Oliver and Amanda.
I think maybe people who suffer from depression might have complaints about how Marina was portrayed, but I think Phillip’s response was probably atypical and generous for the time. The hopelessness and frustration a loved one feels in these situations rang quite true.
Of all the Bridgerton books, this is the one I’m most likely to add to my comfort read pile, destined for many rereads. ( )
  Harks | Dec 17, 2022 |
I love the Bridgertons! This book is one of my favorites. Sir Phillip is sad and a bit brooding, while Eloise is bright and happy. Phillip is attracted to the fact that she's happy - partially because his late wife was depressed and had killed herself. While Phillip is not nearly as troubled as Michael, or Simon, or even Anthony, he is an injured soul and I liked seeing him brighten up as he came to love and trust Eloise. I also enjoy the interaction in this book between Phillip and the Bridgerton boys when they come to rescue Eloise. Priceless! I must say that Julia Quinn is a master at getting men right. This is a sweet story, well written as all of Julia Quinn's books are. Well worth reading! ( )
  Anniik | Nov 26, 2022 |

Quinn, Juliaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Landor, RosalynReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lingsminat, Petrasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rengal, Arnaud duTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Terés Loriente, MireiaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Stefanie and Randall Hargreaves-- You opened your home, you showed us your town, you stored our stuff, and when we arrived, you had a care package waiting on the porch.
And when I really needed someone, I knew exactly who to call.
And also for Paul, this time Because. It's always really Because.
It was ironic, really, that it had happened on such a sunny day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,908,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible