How to Talk to Girls at Parties [Short…

How to Talk to Girls at Parties [Short Story] (2006)

by Neil Gaiman

Whimsical. Gaiman's short stories are always wonderful twisted little things that haunt me long after the last page. ( )
  wodenthewanderer | Aug 14, 2018 |
Novella/Short Story Ratings
Book ♥♥ 2 Stars
Author ♥♥♥♥ 4 stars
Total ♥♥♥ 3 stars

While I did not really like the book, I think the author is brilliant. I think that this was a classic case of great author and just a book that I did not immediately or anywhere during the book fall in love with the characters or anything in the book. I think that having two boys "crash" a party where there are aliens is just plain outlandish and crazy. I liked the idea but honestly, it was not the type of entertainment that I like to read.
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
How to Talk to Girls at Parties (ebook) by Neil Gaiman - good

This is exactly what you would expect from a short story by Neil Gaiman.
A quick and quirky read. Think it was a free download, wouldn't rush to
buy it, but an enjoyable half hour.
  Cassandra2020 | Jan 24, 2016 |
This is just a very short story about a shy teen who gets dragged along by a friend to a party where he tries to interact with some of the girls but is so shy he can hardly interact at all. He also doesn't quite listen to what's being told to him.
Fun. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
I got this in audiobook format and maybe because it's a short story, I didn't connect to it as much as all other Neil Gaiman books I read before. It felt just like an appetizer rather than the whole meal. Nevertheless, it was pretty nice and well written. ( )
  aryadeschain | Jul 24, 2015 |

Neil Gaimanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Schmidt, DietmarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This record is for the Neil Gaiman short story, "How to Talk to Girls at Parties," not the graphic novel adaptation of the same name. Do not combine.

The story follows Enn, a shy boy whom the more confident Vic encourages to just talk to girls. While at the party, Enn talks to three very nice but strange girls. As he focuses on "making a move" on the girls, it is revealed to the reader that the exchange students there are more interplanetary than foreign.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,988,494 books! | Top bar: Always visible