Whoever You Are by Mem Fox

Whoever You Are

by Mem Fox, Leslie Staub (Illustrator)

2,3412094,066 (4.22)7

This was an amazing book. The pictures were great as well as the context. I thought that this book expressed different cultures in ways that small children can understand.
  roseadaily | May 19, 2019 |
"Whoever You Are" gives a look at people's lives from all over the world. It is great for showing kids and teaching them that on the outside we may look different, but on the inside we are all the same.
  maddiefinnigan | May 18, 2019 |
Everyone around the world are very alike. Even though we speak different languages, live in different places, and have different lives, inside we are all the same. We smile, laugh, cry, play, learn, eat and sleep the same. This book helps us accept our difference and recognize our similarities. ( )
  Larmand | Feb 18, 2019 |
I thought this was a great book. I loved the message that we are all just people, no matter what shape or color we are and we should all be treated equal and that it's also okay to be different. I think the illustrator did a great job as well. I will definitely make sure to keep this book in my classroom library. ( )
  rabertucci | Nov 29, 2018 |
"Whoever You Are" by Mem Fox is a very interesting book with a great message! The author is speaking to children directly to teach a lesson, that people may be different from you but are just like you in more way than one thinks! This book reminds me that we have more in common that differences. ( )
  india_paige | Oct 4, 2018 |

Mem Foxprimary authorall editionscalculated
Staub, LeslieIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Ada, Alma FlorTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Hanan Ashrawi -M.F.
For YaYa and for you, whoever you are -L.S.
Little one, whoever you are, wherever you are, there are little ones just like you all over the world.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152060308, Paperback)

“Little one, / whoever you are, / wherever you are, / there are little ones / just like you / all over the world.” So begins the Australian author Mem Fox’s joyful picture book Whoever You Are, a celebration of the world’s diverse cultures, both our similarities and differences. Leslie Straub’s innovative, colorful, folk art–style oil paintings of children from all corners of the globe are bordered with photographs of hand-carved, bejeweled frames—and they all reflect Fox’s message that no matter where we come from, within our hearts “Joys are the same, / and love is the same. / Pain is the same, / and blood is the same.” A gem!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:10 -0400)

Despite the differences between people around the world, there are similarities that join us together, such as pain, joy, and love.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,538,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible